Speaking of flying cars...

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by timfrost, Aug 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    An Oceanside, NY man has drawn the ire of his neighbors for parking his two-seat Cessna in his driveway:

http://nypost.com/2015/07/30/pilot-hated-by-neighbors-for-storing-cessna-in-driveway/

Personally, I have to side with him. It's not all that different from a monstrosity of a boat or RV in a driveway, and he had it brought there legally. I can't even see it as more of a "distracting eyesore" than a flat-tired jalopy that hasn't moved in years, and if his neighborhood is even remotely like mine there are one or two of those closely.

I can also understand the neighbor's annoyance, but it does seem like minding their own business would be easier.

Newscience, satman40 and Gargoyle like this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    nimby-land

timfrost and satman40 like this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is very easy to take the wings off, and put it in his garage..

Man can not afford hanger fee, he can not afford to fly it for a while.

Do not ask me about taking the wings off did it once, and put it in a trailer, it can be done. We could not fly it out of the field..

We can not even leave a trash can out overnight, much less a boat, and I live on a lake., but we can park a float plane on the lake..or a boat.

timfrost and Newscience like this.