southwest the best

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by tropicalcara@gmail .com, Mar 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

?

Do you feel the same?

1. best is Southwest

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. i would rather fly another carrier

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. tropicalcara@gmail .com

tropicalcara@gmail .com New Member

Status Points:
    southwest has the best rapid reward program, the best luggage fly free program, the best online tv program, the best security for frequent flyers (prescreening program) and the best coffee!

Go Southwest

Southwest is #1

Nothing better than Love field

Keep up the satisfaction of pleasing your customers

PerryJac79 likes this.
  2. PerryJac79

PerryJac79 New Member

Status Points:
    I like them just wish if the flight was an hour or less could we get a discount on wifi

3. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Southwest might be my favourite airline as well. I hope that they keep up all their good work! The recent devaluation on the Wanna Get Away Fares is a small dent, but hopefully that is all it was, just a small dent.

With so much unhappiness towards Delta, this might be Southwest's opportunity to take some market share.

gregm likes this.
  4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    (Not all of us are unhappy!)

Max M likes this.
  5. Mike-L

Mike-L Active Member

Status Points:
    Overall I'm pretty happy with them too and due to the CP I've bee doing most of my flying on WN lately. That said I still prefer assigned seating and the availability of first class.

Newscience likes this.
  6. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    O.K. Southwest is the best. But, let's face it, the bar for comparison is set pretty darned low, since the comparison consists of the coach class service of other US air carriers. I've been flying Southwest for ~30-60 rt flights every year for the past 9 years. Honestly, Southwest just isn't what it once was. Flight costs have quadrupled, and the "Internet Only Fares" that lasted up until last year are seemingly gone forever. I'm lucky to score a $90 each way sale fare for my commute, where those sale fares were $60 last year. And try to change that ticket for one of your flights, it's going to cost you, say, at least an extra $100-200 to upgrade each way from a sale-purchased fare.

Due to my WN FF status, I also used to almost always get a low number to stand in the boarding line. But that's now gone, since there's a hefty charge for anyone who wants to "buy up" to get in the first 15 spaces in the WN boarding line. I get a laugh every so often when someone lays out, say, $80, for the privilege of standing in line first, and they then learn that there's a less-than half-full plane, where most everyone has a row to themselves...

And Southwest also used to change my ticket for a different flight for free on the day of travel. That also almost never happens now, since those fares are so much higher priced, as mentioned above. So, yes, Southwest is the best for the type of service that they offer. But they used to be a whole lot better, even as recently as last year. Are you listening Southwest?

runsatthepool and Max M like this.
  7. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ironic that Southwest's Rapid Rewards 2.0, a revenue based frequent flyer program, was one of the first revenue based frequent flyer programs, and an inspiration for Delta to copy its model.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  8. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad that you're a champion for Southwest, but there many many unhappy AirTran customers, that aren't exactly pleased with Southwest.

Airtran customers will eventually lose their Business Class seats when everything is fully done with the merger with Southwest.

Also, Southwest gave the middle finger to many small cities that were served by AirTran that Southwest refuses to now serve.

Fares in those small cities which have lost Airtran/Southwest have gone up. BIG time!

Newscience likes this.