Southwest Says “Thank You” With A Purchase Points Promo

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    When airline programs (like US Airways) sell points via share or outright purchase opportunities, there can be some value to be had. In many cases, you can purchase enough miles so that you are only paying a few hundred more to fly in a premium cabin instead of the coach ticket you were thinking about paying for. But, when it comes to programs like JetBlue and Southwest, buying points from them is rarely a good idea. I say “rarely” because there may be some instances where you are needing some extra points for an award redemption and you do not have any Ultimate Reward points to transfer over (which transfer at a 1:1 rate). Other than that single instance, it is not a great idea (I will say – for “most” people). Southwest Says “Thank You” With A Purchase Points Promo So, when Southwest tries to say “Thank You” to me with an “opportunity” to purchase points with a 30% bonus, it is not exactly the way I like to be thanked.... The post Southwest Says “Thank You” With A Purchase Points Promo appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...