Southwest RR Question...

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Beachgirl07, Dec 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Beachgirl07

Beachgirl07 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to know how often does Southwest offer the bonus of 2 free flights. Now they are
    offering only one. Is this a card you can turn? Is it possible to get all four cards? What is the policy on expiration of points? Is it a bad idea to get it now being they are only offering one flight? Also last
    question ... How can I get my ccard fast?

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I.have held 2 cards at the same time, one business, one personal

Do 2 and when the CP is over go for the other 2, it is not a churn card at the moment, and the points offered change with the wind,

If you apply yesterday, it would have been faster, many are approved for one instantly, but don't count on getting 2 cards the same day.

Why would you want 4 cards the same year...get a CSP and move the points.

3. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    They offer the 50,000 point aka 2 free flights several times a year.

They are not churnable.

You can get it on all 4 cards.

Southwest points don't expire as long as you have point activity every 24 months, but if you want to use them towards earning the Companion Pass you need to earn 100,000 points in 1 calendar year.

If you're thinking of getting the Companion Pass, it's better to wait until it's offered on multiple cards and then apply for 1 business and 1 personal on the same day.

You can ask Chase to expedite sending the card to you. They charge a fee, but you can sometimes get it waived.

4. Free2travel

Free2travel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe it's back again!

5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    CO is good for 2 years, we are now working on my wife's CP, for the last 2 years we have used mine, if all goes well in 2 years, we will stArt using mine,

Never get all 4 cards in the same year, leave your options open, no need to close the door.

6. Free2travel

Free2travel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also, don't forget once you get the four Southwest, you can still get the AirTran. I just got it because I know it'll more than likely disappear once Southwest and Air Tran become one airline and we love flying them!

satman40 likes this.