Southwest Points Redemption + Foreign Airline Change = Big Headache

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Earlier this year, I wrote about the option that Southwest gives to book international tickets with Rapid Reward points at a value of 1 cent per point. While that is obviously not as good as the current value when redeeming for Southwest flights, it is a nice option to have if you have Southwest points and are not in a position to redeem them on Southwest (like my situation – overseas). Southwest Points Redemption For International Flights The entire booking process was easy and quick. No phone calls, just booking online through their special reward engine. In this particular case, I redeemed for an Aegean flight from Tel Aviv to Thessaloniki. It was a great way to get my points some decent value while not having to put out of pocket for the flight. The Big Headache The big headache came when I checked the reservation and found that Aegean had canceled the flight on the day I booked it and rebooked me to the next day – but leaving... The post Southwest Points Redemption + Foreign Airline Change = Big Headache appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...