Southwest New Gate Info Display

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by swag, Apr 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. swag
    Original Member

swag Silver Member

Status Points:
    As other airlines roll out sophisticated technology to keep passengers informed at the gate, here's what I saw yesterday at MSY from Southwest... :D

DSCN8175.JPG

bmg42000 and cordray2643 like this.
  2. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    At least you don't have to wait for the screens to flip to get all the information. But, where is the upgrade list?;)

Scottrick likes this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ugh, United's screens take SOOOO long to cycle. And sometimes they stutter, as though every one in the country is just a monitor receiving the feed from a single old Dell hidden in a basement somewhere in ORD.

I'd be interested in seeing a kiosk like they have at some baggage claims (SEA and SFO come to mind) where you could punch in your flight info and cycle through to the pages you're interested in. The customer service kiosks are generally only useful for seat changes and checking in, not actual flight info. (Although secretly I'm afraid that with the merger SMI/J is just going to get rid of all the monitors rather than pay to roll them out to CO's gates. :eek: I'd rather have some info than no info.)

cordray2643 likes this.