Southwest Airlines Launches One-Day Fare Sale to and From California

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by sobore, Apr 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Tick, tock, get 'em while they're hot! Southwest Airlines /quotes/zigman/241463/quotes/nls/luv LUV -1.08% today announced that it is lowering fares to and from the nine airports the airline serves in California (San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Ontario, Burbank, Oakland, San Francisco, Sacramento, and San Jose) and select destinations nationwide (see fare rules below). These low fares are available for purchase only at or today, April 10, 2012, until 11:59 pm PT. Fares are available for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays between April 24 and May 23, 2012. To see the list of markets, prices, and to take advantage of these special fares, visit .

Examples of fares* include (see Additional Fare Rules below):

$49 one-way between Orange County and San Francisco
    $69 one-way between Phoenix and Los Angeles
    $102 one-way between Oakland and Seattle
    Casey Friday, rwoman and iolaire like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

I was hoping they'd do a fare sale to/from ATL to (maybe) urge a DL match...guess not...

The fineprint from

• The fares you see now include all government taxes and fees.
    • 14-day advance purchase required.
    • Purchase by April 10, 2012, 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
    • Travel April 24 through May 23, 2012.
    • Travel valid only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Saturdays.
    • Offer not available to/from Atlanta, GA; Hartford, CT; Buffalo, NY; Baltimore/Washington; Charleston; SC, Corpus Christi, TX; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Panama City Beach, FL; El Paso, TX; Greenville-Spartanburg, SC; Houston, TX; Harlingen, TX; Washington D.C. (Dulles); Islip, NY; Jackson, MS; Jacksonville, FL; New York (LaGuardia), NY; Little Rock, AR; Midland-Odessa, TX; Manchester, NH; New Orleans, LA; West Palm Beach, FL; Providence, RI; Ft. Myers, FL.
    Casey Friday and sobore like this.
  3. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Yeah, I checked out the rates from SAT to multiple Cali airports, and it would really only be worth it with points + companion pass. I won't have the companion pass for another 2 weeks or so, so I'll pass on this deal.