South America

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by KyRoamer, Jun 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have adopted South America as a favored continent along with Israel as a favored country. I am trying to make a loan in each South American Country and thus turn my South American map yellow (Countries in which you have loans turn yellow on your map).

It adds to the fun. So far, no opportunities in Brazil. I am not sure whether Brazil has an active Field Partner. Guess I need to check this out.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is no Field Partner in Brazil. There are more than a dozen that I have found so far who meet the Kiva requirements. I am now contacting several of them to try to get their applications to Kiva. After contacting Kiva with the same question they suggested I do that. This is not a rapid process. Further, I decided i would recommend no new field Partner unless i had personally looked at their operation, looked at their books and met some borrowers. That slows the process even more. Luckily several of the best ones have good funding sources now so i have not pursued them further. I have found some that seem to be well qualified but not well funded and I am working on that.

I wish there were more people searching for good Field Partners. Kiva has a very samll staff, hard working and dedicated, but they need our help to locate the best Filed Partners too. Of course, I do have a strong vested interest in Brazil. If anybody wants to discuss this subject furtehr i'd be most happy to participate. I'd be most happy to have informed counsel and help.:D

Thanks for being interested in this!

3. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Brazil will just remain a white blot on my map :( sigh.