South America or USA

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by jarquelemos, Jun 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jarquelemos

jarquelemos New Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking of either going to Chicago Los Angeles New York and San Francisco and Las Vegas and Washington D.C
    or
    Sao Paulo, Rio , BA Santiago and the luxury ranches of the region and maybe Easter Island
    I am unfit so avoiding peru.

I am looking at 30 days and want food and culture and fun and theatre.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MilePoint. What are your driving factors.... experience new countries, budgetary issues, etc...? Its hard for us to consel you if you don't provide more details. In general, places like Argentina will take your US Dollars further but this may not be the case in other Latin American destinations... unless you are doing specific things like hunting or fishing, where even those more expensive Latam destinations will cost less than what comparable programs will cost you in North America.

As a general rule, I would not compare any North American experience to one in Latin America... the cultural situations are so different that it would be like comparing Apples to Oranges.

Im biased because EZE is my home town... but if you want food, wine, culter and theater, then Buenos Aires sounds like a must stop for you.... so maybe you should embark on some sort of South American expedition. You rule out Peru and I assume you are thinking MachuPicchu, but remember that Lima is a great stop for food so you don't have to go to Lima for MP, you could just do a few days to eat and relax..... with 30 days, you should have ample time to do that and still get a comprehensive look at other cities & countries.

marcwint55 and uggboy like this.
  3. Why not do both

Gaucho and marcwint55 like this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

Welcome to Milepoint. I think it really depends on where you live and what you are presently used to. We live in California and the North American destinations are much less exotic than the South American destinations are to us.

5. I think they could do both,

6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed !! :cool:

7. seysey

seysey New Member

Status Points:
    both dude