South America - Asia with stop in london possible?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by joesmoe, Nov 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    What would that cost in first?

Also does it make a difference if i fly from South America or from America?

And can I fly CX from EU to Asia?

I don't mind if the stopover is only in LHR (or AMS as there's a CX flight from AMS as well).

I can fly out of anywhere in south america, and fly into anywhere in asia, though HKG or BKK would be ideal.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Becasue your question is a bit general, only rules of thumb work. Generally, assuming you mean the Southern Cone, it is cheaper to by a RTW rather than buyng point-to-point F. I fly GIG-KUL/SIN/HKG/PVG is one combination or another 3-4x per year. RTW F (AONE4- any SA orgination for OW RTW must be 4 continent ) from Brazil, for example works out to about $13,300 or so, compared to a point-to-point F (GIG-HKG RT) of ~$33,900 as quoted on aa.com just now. of course you need to go via Europe and NA as well as Asia and some stops are required. Round-the-world is the only way to go.
    http://www.oneworld.com/ow/air-travel-options/round-the-world-fares

Gaucho and savydog like this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    34 grand for a ticket from Brazil to Asia.....??? :eek:

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    If CX is Cathay... then I assume that they do fly to at least one large EU hub in Germany or France... so you can surely do CX from Europe to Hong Kong.

joesmoe and jbcarioca like this.
  5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    and you also have all the EU connections that JAL can offer, although that would probably take you into Narita as your first stop in Asia....

joesmoe and jbcarioca like this.
  6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is right!:eek: For that reason nobody I know books point-to-point F LA-Asia. The RTW F is quite reasonable though. BTW, *A RTW is similar, I took two of them this year.

ST however does not sell a F RTW any more. Their Business RTW also does NOT include domestic US F, for which DL charges $100 per flight extra and they do not permit upgrades on RTW as they do on other flights. For that reason I will not book a ST RTW ticket.

joesmoe likes this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    CX has flight HKG to LHR, CDG and a number of other cities. JL has a few options too. With effect in late 2012 MH will also join OW which will add some more destinations.

Today the easiest way to take OW from Argentina/Brazil is to take AA to a US city for CX (JFK,ORD, SFO, LAX) or connect to an AA or JL flight. It is also easy from EZE to take QF to SYD and connect from there.

joesmoe likes this.