Songkran at Sheraton Hua Hin - morning alms for the monks

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by estnet, Apr 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great photos of Songkran festivities estnet, thanks for sharing. Any photos of the rooms, or lounge?

3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    We are heading to Hua Hin for Songkran and booked an oceanfront suite with Platinum benefits (I'm currently SPG Gold) at this property for 52,500 SPG points (CAT 3-2ND TIER STE-3NTS) . The ICH Hua Hin is much cheaper (25K IHG points) but as we all know you only get regular room on reward nights and there is no availability during Songkran. The Hyatt Regency Hua Hin has suites and club benefits, but for a category 4 property this goes for 27K points per night for a grand total of 81K points. So, with my calculations the stay on points will cost ~$1600 if at Hyatt versus ~$1300 at the Sheraton Hua Hin.

We have stayed at the Hua Hin Marriott Resort back in 2010 and it was a very memorable mini vacation, but that property has since been reflagged.

My questions are, is it worth it to burn so many points to stay at this property? Lobby & suites condition? How is the location, the beach, etc.?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sandy beaches by the former Marriott Hua Hin

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    Thomask likes this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    None at hand, but the ones on their website are quite accurate (except for one of the beach that shows it in the season when there IS a beach right in front of the hotel). They've moved to Platinum lounge from Sundara and I haven't been there since the move, but the old location had a great view and the new one does not.
    They treat Platinums really well, but then again, they seem to treat all the guests well.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thomask likes this.