Somebody up there likes me

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Dovster, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't figure out any other reason for getting these bonus points. I have a Surpass card and am supposed to get 2500 points from Amex for each of my first several stays (I don't recall how many).

On Nov 6 I got the 2500 points, but that made sense -- it was for my stay in the Hilton ATL Airport (checking out on Oct 26).

Then, on Feb 6 I received another 2500 points -- without any stay to account for it.

On Feb 25, I was credited with 5000 points. I had completed one stay on Feb 20 (at a rate for which I should not have gotten any credit) and was in the middle of another one but it had not yet been charged to my Amex.

I am not, however, complaining. I hereby officially grant Amex the right to give me as many undeserved points as it wishes.

jason8612, lisamcgu and Sam like this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should get 2500 points for each of your first 8 stays with the Surpass. The points are awarded by Amex so you will get them for any stay no matter the rate/terms. It will also show up on reward stays and even occsionally if you charge breakfast at a Hilton without actually staying there.