Some United work at IAH to go in-house

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sobore, Aug 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

United Airlines will take over passenger service and ramp work at Bush Intercontinental Airport's Terminal A currently done by a third-party vendor under an agreement with the International Association of Machinists, the Chicago-based airline said Monday.

In a news release, the company said it was "actively discussing other opportunities" to move outsourced jobs in-house. In an email, United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy declined to say how many jobs are being in-sourced locally.
    Late last month, United confirmed it was outsourcing some cargo operations in Houston but would transition some of those jobs to ramp operations.
    TravelerRob and uggboy like this.
  2. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

I'll just get it out of the way early so the thread doesn't fill up with it.

Clearly, United hates IAH and Southwest is a better partner for the city.

In all seriousness it's good to see them bring some work in house. I do wonder if it has to do with Colgan.
    ella, ssullivan, Flyer1976 and 4 others like this.
  3. Sedosi

Sedosi Gold Member

You've channeled the Houston Chronicle commenter prefectly. Nice job!
    ella, Flyer1976, Hartmann and 2 others like this.
  4. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Terminal A was DGS (delta global services), and it is quite clear there is some high hate going on between them and UA Express. I saw multiple crew rooms in Terminal A with signs saying, United Express Crew Room, DGS Employees NOT ALLOWED. Any access by DGS employees will be prosecuted under some code etc, it was quite a stern note, and it also clearly said computers, software and equipment installed are not for the use of DGS staff, and more.