Some subtle AA humor, and opinion, from a Dallas journalist

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by kansaskeith, Sep 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sweet Willie and LETTERBOY like this.
  2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I saw this earlier, and also got a chuckle out of it. :)

The comments sections on these articles (or any kind of articles, really) aren't worth reading for the most part.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    unless one wants to gain a slight insight into the wacko beliefs of a slice of our populace, some pretty scary & funny (in a sad way) views.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I won't start a new thread because you guys may be growing weary of me starting so many linking to the Dallas Morning News Blog. However, the reporter, Mr. Maxon, has added a new item to his blog today which is quite interesting:

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/...xplains-why-aa-is-having-so-many-delays.html/

Basically, he heard from a long-time pilot who, as I read it, doesn't really seem to think the reports are frivolous so much as long-time pilots knew how to handle the situations and wait for them to get bad and now they aren't doing that. The pilot also says that with some occurrences, long-time pilots know how to "fix" an error indication through their own black magic, rebooting of the system, and whatever, and now without a contract are refusing to do that, but writing them up for maintenance instead. The memorable slogan for this, the pilot says, is "No Bucks, No Buck Rogers." I think I won't be forgetting that term anytime soon :)