Some help w/ credit cards to earn PQM's

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by mdtravel, Nov 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a US Chairman's and have been for about 15 years. Each year, I've obtained that status, in part, through credit card spending to earn preferred qualifying miles. I would like to figure out which cards will help me earn US or AA PQM's but an a bit confused.

Here are the cards I currently carry:
    US Airways World Elite MasterCard issued by Barclays - in the past this has earned 10k PQM's for spending $25k. Don't know if it will in the future or what it will transition to.

US Airways MasterCard issued by Barclays - this actually looks identical to the World Elite, but does not have the words "World Elite" on it. In the past this earned 10k PQM's for spending $25k.

Citi Addvantage Citi Business MasterCard (got it hoping it would earn PQM's).

Citi Addvantage Executive MasterCard (got it for the 100k bonus).

Citi Addvantage Visa Platinum Signature.

US Airways Business MasterCard issued by Barclays - in the past this earned 10k PQM's for spending $25k.

So that's what I've got.

Can anyone help me figure out what cards will earn PQM's on each of these two airlines in 2015 or otherwise point me to an all-encompassing blog?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    For American and US airways PQM's? That doesn't sound like something to check.

3. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Citi World Elite (the $450 card that gives you admirals club access) gives you 10k eqm's after 40k spend each year. At least it used to, I don't spend that much but keep the card for club access, early boarding, checked bag etc etc. basically gold status for $450 a year

4. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for all of this. To summarize (more of a question than a statement):

The Executive AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard can get you 10,000 PQM's with a $40,000 spend.
    Holders of the old US Airways MasterCard should call and try to get converted to the Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite MasterCard.
    We believe that only one Executive World Elite MasterCard can earn; if you have two of these from Citi you only get one bonus even if you spend $40,000 on two different cards.
    No one has as of yet been switched from the Barclays US Airways MasterCard to the Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite MaserCards.

Is the above sound?