Some good AAdvantage eShopping deals

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by jaw_24, Mar 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    33 miles/$ at ValueMags.com and 16 miles/$ at 123inkjets.com
    (blog post)

Never used ValueMags, prices might be a little higher than elsewhere, but worth a look for some deals. I have used 123inkjets in the past if anyone is in need of cheap refilled cartridges.

2. SST
    Original Member

SST Silver Member

Status Points:
    ValueMags is a good merchant. I've done all our magazine subscriptions through them. 33 miles is a superior offer--go for it.

3. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I mentioned in another thread that endless.com is my favorite because they have high miles (9/$ I think) and the points post pretty quick.

ETA: They are an Amazon company so no need to register there if you already shop Amazon.

4. not sure if this is common knowledge, but i've bought a few gift certificates through the portal and then used those gift certificates through the portal to get double the miles on the triple mile offer. essentially, i'm earning 6 miles per dollar shopping at REI. i'm sure this works with other stores too.

5. SuzanneSLO
    Original Member

SuzanneSLO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I noticed you can buy Amazon GC onthis site and there is no stated exclusion for buying gift cards in the descripion on the eshopping site. Have you ever tried this? -- Suzanne

ahow628 likes this.
  6. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have not tried this yet, but I'm chomping too. We buy tons of stuff from Amazon and don't get any miles for it. This would be an awesome why to get a crapload of points.

7. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dang, we've spent $3,500 at Amazon in the last 12 months. Would have been nice to do this earlier.

8. syphlix
    Original Member

syphlix Silver Member

Status Points:
    i'm confused - which site can u buy amazon gc's from and get miles?

9. bubb1
    Original Member

bubb1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not positive, but I think they are referring to the fact that the "gift cards" link on endless goes to a site that lets you purchase Amazon credit. It actually seems to redirect to Amazon.com which doesn't give me a ton of hope for it crediting as an endless purchase.

10. syphlix
    Original Member

syphlix Silver Member

Status Points:
    ah i see

yea i can't see that working... but would love to hear otherwise...

11. SuzanneSLO
    Original Member

SuzanneSLO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Its interesting that on the fatwallet cash back site, purchasing (or using) a gift card on endless.com is explicitly prohibited from earning cash back. That may just be standard language for each and every shopping partner for fatwallet cash, which is certainly not true for AAeshopping. A number of the shopping partners on AA don't include such disclaimers, such as buy.com, which also sells a limited number of GC for other retailers.

I figured endless.com gift cards were a long shot, but I needed a GC as a gift, so I thought I would give it a try. With the speed of the AA eshopping site, it will probably be months before I know the result. -- Suzanne

12. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I checked into this last night as well and noticed it redirects from Endless.com to Amazon.com, so I am very doubtful that you could get miles for giftcard purchases.

13. syphlix
    Original Member

syphlix Silver Member

Status Points:
    seriously though why is aa shopping so damn slow at crediting miles... it shows "pending" almost right away, but then 2 months later it's still pending!

14. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    Alas, I'm now getting 23/$ at Value Mags and, unfortunately, the price is much higher than I get directly at the mag's website (Barron's). But thanks for the alert!

Mike

15. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
  16. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've used FTD twice now and had a miserable experience both times. The first time the bouquet was about half the size of the picture (and we paid for the larger version). The second the bouquet had one of the same colors as the picture but none of the same flower types. Both times I rated the experience as poor in the survey and both times I got a canned response saying, "Sorry, we hope things go better next time!" No discount, no refund, no nothing. Not worth the $30 in my opinion.

Also, those were from Christmas time and Valentine's Day and neither have the miles even to the pending point. I called, but we'll see where that gets me.

17. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always use 1-800-flowers, primarily because they use local florists and you get an arrangement rather than a box. But at 30 miles per dollar I might give FTD a try, but not for flowers. :)

18. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saw that Verizon wireless was an option thru AA shopping. I was in the process of upgrading my phone with the new every two program. I clicked to Verizon thru AA ordered my free phone, which extended my contract another two years etc... AA promised 3773 AA miles for shopping with Verizon. Since I didn't actually pay anything I wasn't really expecting to get the miles but today I get email from AA saying congratulations on your purchase you just earned 3773 miles for shopping with Verizon wireless. Thanks AA

Exiled in Express, skit53 and viguera like this.
  19. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just wanted to confirm for anyone who is looking to make a purchase or upgrade their Verizon service my points posted to my AA account. 3773 AA miles times Two. Once for getting my free new every two phone and once for upgrading my wives phone. Got two new phones for $0. (yes I did extend my contract two years and will pay monthly) and earned 7546 AA miles. For something I would of done anyway.

05/10/11 AADVANTAGE ESHOPPI-VERIZON WIRELESS 7,546 0 7,546
    05/10/11 AADV 30TH ANNV CITI 1K BONUS 0 1,000 1,000

viguera likes this.
  20. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess they mean it when they say it could take a while for miles to post... :)

miles-posting.png

21. HoKo
    Original Member

HoKo Silver Member

Status Points:
    They allow themselves 45 days to be exact (according to their T&C)

22. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    shoebuy.com is 11miles/$, beats the pants off Delta's and United's portal sites.

23. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I ordered some flowers for my girlfriend from FTD, and paid extra for the card. The flowers were fine... the card: not so much.

The local florist decided to pick out an anniversary card for my girlfriend that stated on the front: "To The Man I Love."

Wasn't exactly thrilled with this. I called FTD and they offered a 10% credit for the purchase. I found this insulting and was transferred to a supervisor, and the most the supervisor was willing to offer was a 20% credit for the purchase.

Still waiting on the promised E-Mail appology letter from FTD, and the 20% refund to hit my credit card, and it's been over 2 weeks....