Some Dumb Question...

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Putra, Jan 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get my Gold HH card via Visa Signature link. As my status are gold now, I want to book Conrad Centennial for 10 nights during April. I will go 2 pax with my friend. As for now, I need to select 2 person or 1 person? Price different is a bit huge. 1 person room about SGD243/night while selecting 2 person goes about SGD263/night. I have get in touch with customer service of Conrad Centennial for a guarantee upgraded to Exec Floor once I hit submit on reservation. So now I am confuse to book 1 pax while going 2 person or just pay the extra with booking 2 pax? I could save about SGD200 if I am able to booked for 1 person but going with 2 person.

Any experienced Elite HH able to help?

Thanks a lot..

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are a lot of properties charge extra for the second person. If this is the case, they still might charge you once you arrive with your friend. IMHO to be safe, I would book 2 people. Keep in mind that upgrade at Conrad is based on availability:

Conrad® Hotels & Resorts
    Receive a space-available room upgrade and complimentary Continental breakfast

3. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for input. The rates that I got was no breakfast or no additional instead room only. Why do they charged extra for double occupancy?

Yes I notice based on availability but after follow up email and considering 10 nights, I have proof that they agreed on Executive floor room was guaranteed instead of term "based on availability".

4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    My guess is because it is a luxury property the cost associated with extra amenities like bathrobe, slippers, towels and etc

Putra likes this.
  5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should book the room for 2 persons. At many hotels, they will only allow registered guests in the club lounge. If you book the room for 1 person, it means it is only 1 registered guest for the room. If your friend goes with you to the lounge, he/she becomes your guest and the hotel has the right to charge your friend's consumption to your room.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    The difference is only $15US which is very reasonable for the second person.

7. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see. I thought as gold I can bring 1 guest with me, no?

8. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haha...yes but it become expensive if I booked 10 nights.

9. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree, for example Ritz charges about $100-$150US per person per day if not registered guest.

cennas likes this.
  10. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is all relative. If upgraded, look at the benefits you will receive plus free breakfast is guaranteed :D

Putra likes this.
  11. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Noted....So I would booked for 2 instead of 1.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  12. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it is a smart idea ;)

Putra likes this.
  13. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hilton does have a "spouse stays free" policy for HHonors members but your friend is not a spouse so you don't qualify. Based on this, I would just book the room for a party of 2 and let it go at that.

14. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Putra, no dumb questions here.:) That said, in the future I would think more about your thread titles so that others who might be searching for some answers will know better what your thread is about. 10 nights in Singapore? Do you have business or family? 10 nights is a LOT of time to spend in Singapore for leisure travel (IMO). Perhaps think about a side trip up to KUL or elsewhere (if possible)

does it have to be a spouse or can it be a 'sig other' ?

Putra and TAHKUCT like this.
  15. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The web site uses the word "spouse". Don't know how Hilton interprets the policy.

16. TXHolmes

TXHolmes Active Member

Status Points:
    I cringe at the interpretation wiggle room available for the word "spouse"... haha

17. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have never had a problem with this benefit. Nor anyone asked for a "proof" for who is a spouse. I always book a room for 1. This was not a problem in less than "accepting" places like the Hong Kong and Singapore (both at the Conrad without any issue what do ever).

Putra likes this.
  18. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Its a business trip for 5 days, combined with Asian Dive Expo (ADEX 2012) for 3 days. Total leisure time only about 2 days. KUL is my living country :)

**Update :
    From my current conversation via email for both Conrad and Hilton SG, Conrad advise me to book with 2 person while Hilton advise for 1 person booking since they can accept "friend" can be "spouse" category. Still have time until end of this month to book via their "Any weekend Anywhere" promo.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  19. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do you tell them that you are going with 2 person since you are booked only for 1?

20. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    When they ask how many keys - you answer 2. It is pretty easy when they see two people in front of them at check-in. Even when I am by myself, I almost always being asked how many keys. The only probable snag is that if they already made the breakfast coupons they will need to change it - but never had any problem with that either.

21. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see.....Even with lounge access, do you encounter any problem?

22. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never been in a place they actually cared enough to check how many people were in the room. Some places have asked for the room number but never more than that.