SOLD OUT - 50% Discount on Virgin America SFO and LAX Flights for $50

Discussion in 'Virgin America | Elevate' started by Darcie, Jul 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Darcie
    Original Member

Darcie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Through July 19, 2012, buy the $50 Virgin America offer from Google Offers and receive a 50 percent discount off a nonrefundable Main Cabin ticket on roundtrip, nonstop flights between San Francisco or Los Angeles and Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Philadelphia or Portland.

Flights must be booked by Sept. 30 for travel between Aug. 22 and Nov. 14, 2012.

Blackout dates include Aug. 31 and Sept. 3, 2012. The discount applies to the base fare only.

As an example, I searched for flights between San Francisco and Philadelphia in mid-September and found base fares of around $390 roundtrip. At a 50 percent discount, that becomes $195 plus the $50 for the Google offer and the $21.60 taxes and fees and the total out-of-pocket is around $267.

LINK

2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Terms are in an image file.

Buyers who don't redeem their promo code by Sept 30 will automatically receive a refund for the value that they paid ($50).

Limit 1 per person.

3. myskyconnections

myskyconnections Active Member

Status Points:
  4. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also read on another board, that if bought in California, the California Gift Card rule on no expiration takes effect. So theoretically, you could use these for years. HOWEVER, this is just information from another internet board. So. . . unless you want to take Sir Richard to Court, play at your own risk.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not an expert (even though I live in CA), but does a discount certificate/code (50% off) count as a gift card or gift certificate? I just glanced over http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/s-11.shtml and they talk about cards/certificates that hold a certain value, which wouldn't be the case here, no?

Don't plan on buying this, but just a thought...

6. myskyconnections

myskyconnections Active Member

Status Points:
    hhhmmmm - maybe we need some legislation on all of this internet stuff going on - coupons? rebates?

7. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points: