Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by SirRagnar, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in October for a conference in Clinical Trials.
    I am a|club gold member. I had it granted for free as most others I suppose, so my experience with Accor it actually very limited and it is never my first choice (that's Hilton or Starwood).

Either way, I picked this hotel due to a good conference rate and I really liked the hotel. It was not up to the standards of a Sheraton or a Hilton hotel, but it was enjoyable and had very attentive staff. The breakfast was very good and the bar was very lively and actually not very expensive. I also visited the bar at the Sheraton in Lisbon, but it was dull and more expensive compared to the bar at the Sofitel. The view at the Sheraton was better, but who really cares when it's a bar and you are there to drink and socialize, not stare out of the window.

The room was a standard room, but equipped with everything I would expect, but nothing more. It did have something not many rooms have - a decent sound system by Bose.
    The room was well decorated, clean and the bed was very comfortable with a whole arsenal of pillows.

Sadly, I didn't take any pictures but you can find plenty here: http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-1319-sofitel-lisbon-liberdade/gallery.shtml

I would definitely consider this hotel, if I go to Lisbon again - which I likely will since it's a nice and cheap city to visit.

uggboy likes this.
  2. Adam1222

Adam1222 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just stayed in this property this week, on a greatd eal from AmEx travel's 50% off one day sale this winter. I thought the hotel was wonderful (particularly compared to a more expensive place I stayed in Barcelona on the same trip). The location is great. Aerobus stops right outside, right by the metro, easy walk anywhere in the Chiado/Baixo, and an uphill short walk or cheap cab to the Bairro Alto.
    The staff was incredibly friendly, and also extraordinarily professional (and english-speaking). Small gym on-site, nothing special. But the entire place just felt luxurious. Turndown service in the evening with a chocolate on the pillow, etc. All in all, lovely.

uggboy likes this.
  3. One of my favourite Sofitel hotels. Great place

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The location sounds really great and usually Sofitel excels at quality and prestige! Thanks for the insights! Lisbon is a great city!:)