So this is the fourth-quarter promo? Double miles?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by kansaskeith, Oct 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    One has to select "Points and Fixed Miles" or "Points and Variable Miles" as his or her earning option, and the carrier for miles must be Aeromexico,American Airlines,AviancaTACA, Multiplus or United. Requires registration, and applies to stays completed by Dec. 31, 2012. The e-mail emphasizes that the airlines involved serve the Latin-American and Caribbean regions, but the hotel stays don't need to be there to qualify, at least as I read it. So I guess this is the fourth-quarter promotion.

There are in fact participating hotels from many regions and areas. Not to poke fun at one of Hilton's favorite adjectives, however, at first glance the list of participating hotels is considerably less than "Grand."

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I guess. Just signed up. I imagine I will be able to contain my excitement and sleep okay tonight.

KathInJax likes this.
  2. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd be surprised if this is the primary 4q promo. Makes no sense lots of people myself included don't earn airline miles with HHONORS.

KathInJax likes this.
  4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was there not another thread on double miles from thu-sun I think?

(Posted from my milepoint enabled iPhone)

mht_flyer and KathInJax like this.
  5. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    luv2travel, mht_flyer and ACMM like this.
  6. JoeCortez

JoeCortez Silver Member

Status Points:
    This, on paper, is a great idea to get me to stay at a Hilton chain. That being said, the (rather small) list of participating hotels makes it hard for me to get this promotion on my regularly scheduled travel. And I don't think 1,000 miles is necesarrily worthy of a matress run (depending on where you place the point value).

That being said, I only need two more nights to get status at Hilton for next year...so maybe a good excuse to Matress Run after all. All and all - I'm kind of "meh" about this promotion. Thanks for doing the digging kansaskeith!

7. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are obviously not targeting corporate travelers. Lucky for me I have at least two leisure weekend trips in Nov/December.

KathInJax likes this.
  8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Regarding this Q4 promo, does one also earn the 1,000 points/night on reward stays?

9. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Meaning Thurs - Mon ? As I read it, yes, but you have to register for both promos.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Yes, I meant Thurs - Mon, but it was not clear whether Thurs-Mon of a reward stay would qualify. I already registered and will have several reward stays in December that could potentially qualify...

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The official FAQ may have the answer:

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Q42012/Content/pdf/Q4 2012 FAQs Members.pdf

Do Reward Stays count towards this promotion?

Members may earn Bonus Points for incidental charges at participating hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges. This does not apply to incidental charges for stays at Hampton, Home2 Suites or Homewood Suites. For a complete explanation see number 14 under Accrual of Points under the HHonors Terms and Conditions or by clicking here.

12. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately that does not answer the question at all. It answered a different question using standard language. It simply says that one can get HH points for eligible folio items during a reward stay and all associated bonus points, which I already knew. It does not say whether or not one is eligible for the Mon-Thur bonus 1,000 points when on a reward stay...

13. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay, based on rules #2 and #3 under "Accrual of Points," in the link below, methinx you aint'a gonna get your 1,000 a night on your Th - Mo reward stays. Note the words "paying guest" in rule number two. Since I bothered to wade through all the verbiage, I think it would be a cool gesture for Hilton to send the 1,000 points to me :)

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html

14. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still not clear because I think the points referred to are for base points. Reward stays and nights count toward elite status, and one can earn HH points on incidentals, so the promo T&C need to be explicit...

15. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. NOW, I see from your "sig" that you are a Hilton HHonors "Diamond" member. So you could call the helpful Diamond desk and ask. Correct?

NYCUA1K and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  16. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Bingo.

17. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct. Stay tuned...;)

18. heatherj

heatherj Member

Status Points:
    I think the Q4 promo is AWFUL. While I do usually always spend Mondays, and an occasional Thursday, it's totally not worth it to me. Besides my client who requires us to stay at a nearby Homewood, all of my stays are being moved to Marriott. Here's hoping for a better promo in Q1.

JLSocks likes this.
  19. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Q: Is one eligible for the Mon-Thur bonus 1,000 points when on a reward stay?
    A: I just called HH Diamond Desk to pose the question, and after checking her documents, the CSR I spoke with said that she could not find the answer, and then she put me on hold for 23 minutes while she and her supervisor looked for the answer. She came back and said that there is no answer, thanked me for posing the question, and promised that HH will put out an addendum to the T&C before the promo starts to provide the definitive answer.

So, be on the look out for that addendum over the next few days!

kansaskeith and JLSocks like this.
  20. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    This was sort of left hanging but I now know the answer because I just stayed exclusively on HH points at a couple of places -- Conrad Hong Kong (Mon) and Hilton Sanya Resort and Spa (Tue) -- and got 1,000 points for each. So, one does get credit for the promo even on a reward stay...the "paying stay" clause in T&C notwithstanding;)

21. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    One does? Well, I had forgotten about this, so I just checked my account. I had two award stays and both were pure points stays with nothing charged to the room.

First stay at Conrad Hong Kong: like you, I got 1000 points for 1000 Reasons Q4 promo. Not only that, I also got a 500 points Amex online booking bonus. Do they give that for award stays? And it was an Axon award, so no online booking ;)

Second award stay was at a Doubletree. No 1000 Reasons bonus posted.

I suppose I could contact HHonors customer service about it, but I don't see any addendum made to promo FAQ, and I'd rather not point out the Conrad stay as a precedent and then end up having those points removed.

22. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have points selected as your Diamond/Gold amenity, wouldn't you get those on your award stays? That might be what you're seeing...

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  23. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    In my case:

I have breakfast selected and the posting for the Conrad is clearly labeled "1000 Reasons" bonus.

But... thanks for reminding me what an idiot I am: I checked out at the Doubletree before breakfast and thus didn't use the benefit. I should have requested the points instead. Guess two years of Hyatt Diamond focus have caused me to forget a lot about HHonors that I now have to relearn. :-(

24. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    One always gets the 500 AMEX booking bonus points when the reservation is made and secured with an AMEX card be it a paid or reward stay.

Just checked in at Hilton Shanghai last night. It is also a pure reward stay so let's see if I will get the points for the Mon-Thu that I will be here...

25. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So I should have gotten those 500 points for the DT stay as well.