So how do I book when it isn't showing up?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by michael21, Dec 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see an award that is popping up on AA (ORD-TLV on Nov 18) but it isnt popping up on BA. Do I just call them and say, "Hi, I'd like to book flight XYZ and if I get rebuffed, say, "AA shows it is available"? Like how would that work?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes to the first part. The second part is less likely to work. Is it a mix of AA and BA metal or all on BA? I think it might be possible that AA has inventory only for its members which BA doesn't have and that's why you aren't seeing it.

There are also flights on IB and RJ metal, either of which might help to keep the YQ costs down on the award. The RJ flight also has pretty good timing on it IMO.

3. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure I follow. I thought that all inventory on AA can be had with avois and its just that BA search engine isn't too good.

And IB has fees like BA-$1200

4. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    And it's all on air Berlin

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have an IB-based Avios account and are flying on IB metal I believe that the YQ charge is dramatically lower than redeeming from a BA account.
    Pretty sure that IB doesn't show on the BA engine. Call it in and you should be OK.

6. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, BA members can only book the AA inventory which is also available to AA members at the lower rate.

7. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Only AAsaver awards are available for BA redemptions, and even then BA doesn't seem to see them all, so in some cases you're just out of luck.

8. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Shift your BA Avios to your IB Avios account and then book.
    Yes, BA.com shows IB availability. To confirm just check LHR-MAD flights.

9. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Whoa, this thread is getting all over the place.

1. airberlin reward seats DO show at ba.com, with almost no taxes

2. Whilst it is true that Iberia redemptions have lower taxes when booked via Iberia Plus, you can only move Avios to Iberia if the Iberia account is over 90 days old.

If you want to book a Reward Flight Saver via Iberia Plus then you will also have to earned an Avios in Iberia Plus itself - a transfer does not count. Signing up for the online shopping newletter of alice.es gets you 125 Avios in IB and solves this problem.

10. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hate to be dumb but I'm fairly new to BA Avois and I don't have an Iberia account. Besides the shopping newletter are there any other secret, easy avois on BA or Iberia for newbies? Thanks.

11. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're in the US, the BA credit card is the obvious one. Or a Starwood card or an Amex with Membership Rewards, since both of those transfer to Avios at a decent rate.

I can't find the blinkin' alice.es sign up page now. THis is the page (in Spanish) http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/w...@@@@2025986604.1356854995@@@@&idOferta=220134 and the key text 'Sólo por registrarse le regalamos 125 Avios'. However, the sign up page https://www.alice.es/partners/iberiaplusv is dead ....

daninstl likes this.