So far so good Mar 3

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by thegrailer, Mar 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    BWI is running smooth so far. There are UA agents everywhere and they are being proactive to make sure today isn't a problem.

Side note: I hope my SDC - discused elsewhere - from 2A late in the day to 20B early this morning isn't that painful :eek:

Cheers

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Things are running reasonably smooth in CLE as well. And my account looks mostly correct online.

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    No issues found as of yet. Mileage totals are correct, new MP number is functioning correctly.

4. bucketlist
    Original Member

bucketlist Silver Member

Status Points:
    The new "United" site doesn't have my MP rdm's, nor EQM's, but does show 1K status and upgrade instruments.

Was assigned a new pnr to an upcoming MSY...SIN, lost seat assignments on two of the legs (one flight # w/ plane change - EWR-hkg-SIN) and no e+ access allowed on the hkg-SIN leg. The seat map is pretty open for the hkg-SIN leg, so this can wait a few days.

Think many seat assignments were lost - was able to get exit row seats that I don''t think were available a few days ago and seat maps seem more open than before - didn't do an open seat count however.

SUMMARY:
    Seat assignments held for 5/7 legs. Lost for 2/7 legs, recovered, or improved, for 1/7 legs.

5. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have 12 itineraries on United. All my seat assignments were intact. But no RDMs, EQMs, or lifetime balance yet.

SEABrad likes this.
  6. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to wait another 48 hours before I choose to panic. I do not expect everything to change at the simple flick of a switch.

That said, my morbid sense of curiosity is going to lead me over to FlyerTalk and see how many people have already cited this as "a new low," and swear new allegiance to AA.

7. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I spoke too soon. while no first world issues the CO folks that don't know UA things are just starting to.make things up

8. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rep at IAD said their checkin and bag check times were better than EWR's this morning. Pretty amazing if you think about it.

Had a delay on UX, and UX rep didn't know some of the basic stuff like looking up arrival times. Nothing major though a few hiccups with boarding. They did not require UA-issued BPs from last night to be reprinted, which resulted in many people beeping and getting manually loaded. They had quite a few people to reconcile once already on board, and counts still did not match. GA ended up coming on board to tear off BPs and dealing with it later.

One customer approached the GA saying she'd misconnect with the delay. GA pushed her to CS and said with this system she can't just rebook her on something real quick like the old system. LOL I'll write it off to first day unfamiliarity for now. Hopefully that won't become SOP.

Some management type was rolling through the terminal with a beverage cart with sodas for the staff. A nice touch, and it seemed appreciated. Hopefully there's some sort of spread for them in the break room as well.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  9. globalexplorer

globalexplorer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Manual boarding pass at NRT during the outage...but no problems

10. Switch2

Switch2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Things were smooth from fll - only feedback is all the CO FA's at the hotel were nostalgic and saying..."sad ...sad...day"

desamo likes this.
  11. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Manual as in handwritten BP, master seat map at check-in desk with yellow stickers to indicate assigned seats, then checked off at the jetway entrance during boarding? #LikeTheGoodOldDays

mht_flyer, globalexplorer and desamo like this.
  12. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    So very little issues for my flying March 1, 2 , and 3. Actaully, half my flights were on CO metal for the first time and got to say I was very happy with the staff and seats (thanks agin for the recomendation for seat 8K on the 777;) ).

Just checked all my upcoming booked trips on the newUA web site and only a couple of flights lost my reserved seats, which I quickly fixed.

Only interesting change I did notice other then miles not posting (which was reported by UA there was going to be a slight delay) is that the CRJ200's seat maps now show seats 3-4 A and D seats are now available again. If anyone remeberes, a few months back UA blocked those seats due to a weight/balance issue. Now, if the newUA would start getting larger jets in/out of TUS I would be a real happy camper:p

desamo likes this.
  13. globalexplorer

globalexplorer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup handwritten boarding pass...i was transiting in nrt from another carrier so didnt visit checkin desks..got the manual boarding pass at the united club

14. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    PHX had short lines but anyone with a late flight on the itinerary had to be checked in manually, which wasn't all that great considering that several systems went down. That was a fun hour for me :| Interestingly enough, even the confirmation number for my itinerary has changed overnight.

On top of that United managed to lose my luggage in Chicago. And I am now in Denmark with barely any cold weather clothes :|

15. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chaos in SFO. Late and later flights. On the plane off the plane. Only 30 min for me but the SFO-DEN folks can't be too happy. SFO-PIT has been waiting for a while too. [ caveat - only what I can see around gates 74/75]

16. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    All PNRs changed as part of the migration.

17. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1, too bad my mind isn't functioning correctly when it comes to remembering my 'new' FF account number.

18. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There's always the option of creating a "user name" that is your old MP number, though I'd recommend against that as it will inhibit you from learning the new one.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  19. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    agreed, just tough to do after 2 decades of the other number being top of mind.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  20. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I don't see how that was helpful at all. The systems could not find itinerary by my name and destination and apparently had nothing associated with my name/FF# in the system, just the brand new PNR that I didn't even have 12 hours before.