Snowing at JFK this morning

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tom911, Jan 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the AC near the lower gates waiting for my 0900 departure to LAX. When I left my hotel in Manhattan, and walked over to the E train at 34th and 8th Avenue, it was cold (25F), but the only snow I saw was on TV on a news report from Suffern (my sister was born there a long time ago). Took some quick photos to share before I head out. Starting 2015 quite nice with 5 upgrades in a row this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's quite a bit of snow. Congrats on the upgrade. I only had two flights so far this year and only 1 upgrade even as ExPlt on AA.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

daninstl, Newscience and uggboy like this.
  3. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had to be deiced in the alley before departure, but even with that we're only due into LAX 10 mins late. Just over 6 hours flight time today with headwinds. Don't think I've ever been on AA 1 before.

Betty Boop, daninstl and flyforawg like this.
  4. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hows the song go....
    "All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey
    I've been for a walk on a winters` day
    I'd be safe and warm if I was in L.A.
    California dreamin` on such a winters` day"

5. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Welcome to Fresno".

My LAX-Sacramento flight had pressurization issues and we did a fast descent and diversion to Fresno. Were warned the masks might drop but they didn't. Have been on the ground a good hour now and aircraft (CRJ200) has been hauled off to a maintenance hangar (FAT is a Skywest maintenance base). Hoping to get out of here soon as I need to be at SFO tomorrow at 7am for a different trip. Worst case might be a 3 hour bus trip if they can secure a bus.

6. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like we'll be doing the 184 mile journey to the Sacramento Airport by ground. Gate agent waiting a call back from their ground transportation provider as to what they're going to send to accommodate us.

7. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm on highway 99 in Fresno in a yellow cab with three new friends. Expect to be at the Sacramento Airport in 3 hours. Glad my free T-Mobile account that came with my chromebook is working. Might hold me an hour or two until I hit the free monthly data cap.

Bay Pisco Shark likes this.
  8. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you notice if they paved paradise and put up a parking lot anywhere on your ride in the big yellow taxi? ;) You should pay AA for the luxury of a ride on CA 99 in a taxi! The scenery knows no end, especially after dark!

9. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was more worried about some drunk driver crashing into us as they weaved in and around all the trucks at 100mph. Fortunately, the cab driver had on a religious station and they were saying the rosary, so I was able to pray right along for our safe arrival in Sacramento which did occur at 2045, some 5.5 hours late. Home now and have a morning SFO-DFW-IAD to prepare for. Just printed my F boarding passes.

10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    BRRRR.......Looks miserable and thanks for the heads up! I am flying in from HKG through SFO to JFK, where I will arrive around 7:30 pm tomorrow. Returning to freezing weather after some 3 weeks mostly in SE Asia, with temperatures in the 80s and 90s, will be a real shock. I've just pulled my heavy overcoat out of my check-in luggage where it's been the entire trip. BRRRR.....!

11. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tom, didn't realize you were in taxi from Fresno to SAC when you emailed me.
    Did you get your original routing miles for this?

12. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Miles posted on their own a day late (maybe there was some manual intervention). I also received some miles from AA for my inconvenience after I e-mailed about the experience.