Snagged by the elimination of Tue and Wed flights.....

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Travel2Food, Oct 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I've finally been hit by AA's flight reductions where Tue and Wed flights have been eliminated. I need to make a day trip from LAX to SJC next week. In the past, I've taken a ~7 AM flight up, and a ~6 PM flight back.

Went to book this trip - the 7 AM flight no longer operates on Tue and Wed. It operates at 7:10 AM on Mon, Thurs, and Fri.

Delta's first flight gets me there too late. Corporate travel policy gives me untold grief if I try UA (it gets reported by the agency to the CFO's office). Meaning that I'll be taking WN next week.....

2. JNB280

JNB280 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sorry for your plight.

That said...for the love of all things holy, please let this thread turn into 30+ pages about the terrible things AA has done to the Bay Area. It's been too long.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  3. hillrider

hillrider Silver Member

Status Points:
    You'll like WN; just pay the extra $10 to get a decent boarding number (hence seat). IMHO a WN 737 beats an Eagle toy jet any day (except, maybe, one with toy first class).

4. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used to like WN when I was A list and was doing SAT-BWI every 2 weeks.

However, since I had to book through Corporate travel, none of the WN site features work. That means.... no Early Bird Check-in, no inclusion of my FF number, no ability to pull up the ressie through my RR account, even after puttingthe number in the record. In other words, as a corporate customer, I am treated far worse on WN than on anyone else.... I might as well have a paper ticket.

If WN would fix some of those long-standing issues, it would be easier to choose....