Smisek on Mileage Posting Issues

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by desamo, Apr 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Article here.

...and...

uggboy, unavaca, Flyer1976 and 4 others like this.
  2. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    uggboy and desamo like this.
  3. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  4. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Give him credit for owning up to the accrual problem.

5. Anglo Large Clawed Otter
    Original Member

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Gold Member

Status Points:
    I call bullbatman. No way UA shoots itself in teh foot on its lucrative Mexico/Central/S. American/European route network from Teh Pit (much of it filled with high-fare oil traffic and/or to markets with no competition), just because WN sends a few 737s to CUN and CZM.

Especially if UA starts dropping Mexico/Central/S. America flights, slack will be picked up by the likes of AM, AV/TA, JJ, LA, etc.

6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly right. He came, he saw, and he realized what the fuss was all about. It is how we can catalyze change for the better. Saying, as someone did in another thread, that we should stay mum about clear problems because airlines will become 'reticent' to admit 'mistakes' or 'problems' was precisely the wrong recipe to effect positive change...

uggboy, redwoman and desamo like this.
  7. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly.

Flyer1976 and desamo like this.
  8. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:

Ding ding ding. When the oil/gas industry talks in Houston EVERYBODY listens and bends over backwards for them. (You can decide for yourself if its good or bad, but the industry employs thousands of people in the area and businesses would br stupid to ignore them)

uggboy and desamo like this.
  9. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't mean to jump on any anti-Smisek/anti-merger bandwagons, but he would have to be galactically stupid to think that timing of mileage accrual wouldn't be important to FFs. :rolleyes::confused:

uggboy likes this.
  10. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ehh, 2-3 days vs. same day just isn't that important to me personally (saying this even though my most recent flights posted within 24h). Especially not when compared with posting accuracy.

11. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am really glad to hear that your miles are getting posted on time and within your expectations.

But I think when you see customers upset it is because flights don't post after a week (or more), when they do post it is invariably wrong, and it takes several attempts to get it resolved.

LETTERBOY, cvsara and uggboy like this.
  12. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not trying to minimize or ignore the problems other people are having, but I do want to point out one thing: Smisek was specifically talking about posting lag, not posting errors (though I hope he included the latter when speaking about the former). Also, many of the posting problems where I've read specifics seem to be either pre-merger or on partner airlines, so that set of problems will diminish over time, too.

uggboy likes this.
  13. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've also seen reports where the issues were neither partner related or pre-merger. And one of my flight posting errors falls into that category.

I hope that they understand the problems and have fixes in place so that we can put this whole thing behind us sooner versus later.

Rob, desamo and uggboy like this.
  14. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe it.

On that we can definitely agree in full.

uggboy likes this.
  15. Minnesota Bruin
    Original Member

Minnesota Bruin Silver Member

Status Points:
    One this that is not important to me is having them quickly fix the R-upgrade crediting as Z bug.

gobluetwo, desamo and uggboy like this.
  16. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Status Points:
    More to the "knowing we have a problem" thing. A UA CSR told me there will be a meeting in LA very soon, I think maybe even next week, for front-line people to tell the IT folks what can be done to better things on SHARES. I was told that an outright replacement or going back to FastAir was not an option.

FWIW.

desamo and uggboy like this.
  17. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's going to suck when that's fixed on my account.

18. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mileage posting is an issue for some and not for others and I personally fall into the latter group as imho, that part will be made whole but when it will be made whole is another story ;-). However, and if I may, goalie-sis flew DCA-PBI on 4/16 on US with the tix booked on US using her "new" MP number and the miles posted on 4/18 so I'm wondering if they can post correctly and that quickly from a partner....

desamo likes this.
  19. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    US Airways flights have been posting quicker than United flights to my account. Of tickets booked since the merger, 8 out of 13 'directions of travel' have posted correctly. All of the US Air legs have been in that group. (posting with 500 mile minimums, I might add). I have needed to request credit for 5 'directions of travel,' and all 5 have been part of itins where the other flights posted correctly. I don't know what's going on, but its not good.