Small changes on US website :)

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by dcpatti, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    I noticed over the weekend the US website has gotten a bit of a facelift. When booking flights, it used to collapse all the flights other than the "best match" one but now the "best match" is moved to a foreground tab, and the full list of flights is clearly marked as being on the background tab. Easier to navigate and easier to understand what's going on (just ask my boyfriend who, a few weeks ago, thought there was only one daily routing DCA-LAS because the one daily nonstop was set as Best Match and the others were collapsed but easy to miss the Show All link!). Plus it seems a lot more responsive this way; my browser would always hang for a bit before showing the expanded list of flights and I'm impatient so I'd start Rambo-clicking all over the place and end up on some crazy 6am itinerary :D

Plus at long last the Low Fare Finder seems to be fixed, for Envoy, in both paid and award travel! I've been complaining about this for MONTHS. Used to be, you'd have to click on each day to expose the envoy fare or mileage level but now you can see 30 days at once.

Glad to see US IT is finally doing something to make things better! I really, really hope there are more positive changes on the way!

2. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been waiting for this as well! A most welcome change indeed.

3. fets
    Original Member

fets Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any idea when the Envoy saver awards will be released for next year? At this point, all Envoy awards in january are still showing at 100K one way. (at least to/from BRU)

4. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure how that works, but I tried some different cities and saw limited off-peak availability, mainly Tue-Wed travel (e.g. MAD,CDG,FCO).

Edit: Correction about FCO. Seeing plenty off-peak availability outbound, but nothing for inbound.

5. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also, the US Airways mobile website has a new landing page as well that looks much cleaner than before.

6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update DC Patti, especialy can't wait to start searching the Envoy seats. I too was annoyd at the bad IT, and am glad that US IT dept. is working to better their user experience on their website.

7. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think they have been released already; they are usually very limited in availability, moreso now on the routes where the A332 flies, and they tend to go very quickly. There can be more released at any time but I don't think anyone can predict that. I did see good availability on CLT-LGW (booked 2, too!) and am hoping they're well underway with the A333 renovations by then.

8. How bizzare - I saw the tab improvement the other day, and now it's gone.

9. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've also noticed that it's now clearly marked when flights are operated as US Airways Express.