Slow Loading when Opening Multiple Tabs

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by iceman77_7, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. iceman77_7
    Original Member

iceman77_7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like to open multiple threads using the tabs feature of Google Chrome. I find that when trying to open multiple threads in multiple tabs in succession, there is a 1-2 second hang-up each time I do so. I suspect this is related to some of the cool features of each forum page itself, but it is ever so slightly annoying (and I really do mean ever so slightly). I only bring it up because the site is still in beta, not because it really really bugs me.

If it makes any difference, I'm running Google Chrome on Windows 7 and do not have the issue with any other forums sites.

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it has been reported somewhere already, but to confirm - same issue with IE8 and FireFox on W7 Enterprise x32.

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Also, if I remember correctly what I read, in the beta period they're using local servers, but before going "live" they will switch to the Amazon Cloud. That should greatly improve performance.

iceman77_7 likes this.
  4. iceman77_7
    Original Member

iceman77_7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info. Is the delay the result of low bandwidth/performance though? Opening multiple tabs in succession seems to momentarily freeze my entire browser, which doesn't usually happen when a page is just loading slowly. Then again, my computer is 3+ years old and might just not having the processing power to do this quickly. [​IMG]

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same issue also with Safari on OSX. I don't know if that has also something to do with the browser, but when I close tabs that I was using to browse a thread the spinning beachball shows up and cpu usage also spikes for a few seconds. I guess there's some local cache also being cleared, but it is something that I hope gets cleared up somehow. This is one of the ways I could go through various forums and threads in a fast way on FT.

6. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be helpful if versions of the software/OS are included in these bug reports too :)

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unsure if something may have already been done, but I am noting today the performance off my 13 tabs is much faster.

8. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    If opening multiple tabs with different sites then perfectly fine on my side. But if opening multiple tabs for MP to shortcut to certain threads then yes I find it slower.