Slightly off color UA humor

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by SnowDogDad, Jun 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. SnowDogDad

SnowDogDad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last night, I was sitting in a hotel bar near DEN and was talking to a couple of flight attendants. They were all former CO crew members. I mentioned how Jeff Smisek was not exactly revered amongst frequently flyers. One of them related a story to me.

A passenger called one of the flight attendants over after they were in air, held up his glass, and said, "Excuse me, there is a piece of sh1t in my glass." She started to get upset and defensive but then looked in the glass. The passenger had cut out of the inflight magazine a picture of Smisek and had put it in the bottom of the glass.

She got a good laugh out of it and shared it with the rest of the crew.

Pizzaman, Sammich and Newscience like this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. A_Lee

A_Lee Silver Member

Status Points:
    Woah, looks like they're quite prepared for the flood. Maybe Jeffy should get into the boat business instead of the airline business. I'm not totally up to snuff on what's the latest fashion, but looks more like a Bozo the clown tryout than a discussion about airlines, especially given the socks on the guy on the right. Jeffy's socks are a bit better, but not by much. Sorry for taking this off-topic, but being it's about UA humor already, thought it to be a bit appropriate.

4. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    All of the millennials I know wear socks like those. I guess they are just keeping up with the fashion trends.:oops:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Dublin_rfk and Newscience like this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    At over 60 years old, Jeff sure isn't a millennial! ;)

8MiHi likes this.
  6. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    A lot of the millennials don't match the socks either.

Newscience and 8MiHi like this.
  7. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I'm unaware of a worse "marriage" of airlines than between CO and UA. The worse flight experiences of my life have been on UA airplanes staffed with former CO FAs. Perhaps they have been treated like $h1t by UA in their merger, but their resulting treatment of passengers was "toxic" in my experience. I hope that the US/AA merger never results in the same, for the travelling public's sake.

8. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hrm. I fly a lot. Vast majority of my flights are UA metal. I find the s-CO staff to be world's nicer and better than s-UA staff. It's so easy to spot s-CO: they're the ones being nice to passengers.

8MiHi and traveltoomuch like this.
  9. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the US/HP merger was pretty toxic.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  10. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    My "toxic" experiences with UA crew have been on TATL out of IAD, sitting in steerage class. One senior FA was so bad that I tried very hard to get her name, which wasn't possible since she had no identifying name tag - she must have left it with her manners!

Garp74 likes this.
  11. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had no particularly bad experiences with the FAs since the merger. Coming out of EWR of course most of the crews have been s-CO. But I am sure I have had s-UA and they have been reasonable.

Newscience and Garp74 like this.