Sleepless in Lesotho?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

In the last episode — er...I mean article — of The Gate, I reported that I was locked out of the property where I prepaid for my room reservation in Lesotho; and that the security guard promised to call and get the front door of the property opened for me. I knocked. I waited. Nothing. Should I bother the security guard yet again? I really did not want to do that. There is not another place to stay for many kilometers; and I would not even know where one was located anyway. This country was Lesotho, where even fuel stations are difficult to find outside of Maseru, which is its capital city. Forget about finding another form of lodging. I might actually become sleepless in Lesotho; and I was well on my way of that becoming a reality at 1:30 in the morning. I eyed the Ford Fiesta I rented, which I had been driving all day and had one wheel already out of commission. Will the front seat in that car parked in the parking lot be my bed for tonight? I kept wondering that. After having resigned to putting my belongings back in the car in what seemed like an eternity, I heard a noise... The post Sleepless in Lesotho? appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...