Sleeping around, without a single Zzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Mar 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, I feel like such a cheap ho - 3 rooms, bargain prices .......

On a Sunny Saturday afternoon, I fired up the old (well, 6 months old with under 1000 miles) jalopy (ok, a Lexus GS hybrid), put it in Sport mode, and off I was, so close to the 20 nights in the current SPG promo, I could taste the avalanche of bonus points about to fall upon me. And about a half an hour after leaving, I arrived at the Sheraton, a palace by any middle-America stretch of the word palace, where my 3 rooms (not quite ready at 3:30 :mad: ) awaited. 3 rooms on the same floor (but the club floor is undergoing a complete renovation, and the lounge is closed), so I received 3 breakfast buffet coupons, and 3 coupons for 2 drinks and an appetizer from the bar.

I scoped out (or is that "soaped out") each of my rooms, looked at the myriad assortment of shampoos and body wash, and shave cream, and the two bottles of water in each room, and the coffee and the tea, and then took a walk to the mall nearby, where I enjoyed my 20 minutes of exercise, returning to the palace just in time for the bar to open.

I decided to enjoy some wine and snacks and used two of the three coupons. Friendly service, but the kitchen was slooooowwwwww. After 3+ glasses of wine (generous pours) and two snackies, I returned back to my "first" room (after all, you can't forget your first), where I had a bottle of water, dried out, and then was suitable to drive home.

I then let the dog out, fed him dinner, and will sleep in my bed at home tonight, and the three breakfast coupons will go to waste. Oh well. The buffet spread out on my kitchen floor will provide a lifetime (or perhaps somewhat less) of memories, although I will be three nights closer to lifetime Platinum status when the points post.

And that is a trip report, for a sunny and warm spring afternoon!
    starwood spoils.jpg

2. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    In case I am not mistaken, you just confessed to what legally would be driving under influence? ;)

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Um, that was the "dried out" wait ...

kyunbit likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    tsk tsk......................

5. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    What are you 'tsking" about ...that shampoo, conditioner, and soap is headed your way (well, to the other end of town). I just hope AFIP doesn't value it above $300 :eek:

Gaucho likes this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    you contrabandista de shampoo you !!!!!!!!!!!!!