Skywest (OO) Will Fly Under American Eagle Name from LAX & DFW

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Sep 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    LINK.

SkyWest announced Wednesday that it has signed a four-year “capacity purchase agreement” with American Airlines to operate 23 Bombardier CRJ200s, 50-seat jets, out of those two airports.

In Wednesday’s announcement, the carrier said it would begin American Eagle operations on Nov. 15, with all 23 to be in American Eagle service by the end of first quarter 2013.

“This agreement is indicative of the credibility of the people and the operational quality of SkyWest, Inc.,” SkyWest president Brad Rich said.

“We look forward to operating under the American Eagle designation and establishing ourselves as a trusted and valuable long-term partner for American,” Rich said.

The flights will be operated by SkyWest’s two carriers, SkyWest Airlines and ExpressJet Airlines.
    American has indicated it wanted to expand flying by commuter airlines that would feed traffic to American at its five cornerstone markets: Los Angeles, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, Chicago and New York.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Better the devil you know than the devil you don't? The CRJ-200's don't have anything other than Y, but I find them more comfortable than the ERJ-145's (and up) that Eagle currently flies. I much prefer the width of 2x2 over 1x2, and they seem a bit taller.

3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    CRJs are the devil's work. Much rather an ERJ145 on the 1 side. Half of the seats on the CRJ (windows) are completely untenable.

4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fair enough. In 12A on a 145 as I type this but would much rather be in 1 (or 2, depending on row numbering) C on the -200.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

5. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    You guys can have them (I imagine the CR2s are ex-DL Connection)

mht_flyer likes this.
  6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    No thanks, I'm with you. No bueno.

7. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd take 12A on a ERJ 145 over ANY seat on a CRJ 200 any day.

Seat comfort on CRJ 200 is awful...

8. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've only flown Eagle between SAN and LAX, and YQR-JFK, so I'm not familiar with all Eagle aircraft. The Embrairs I'm used to have 1x2 which is nice when flying alone. I really hate being sqoozed next to s stranger. The Canadairs have an F, which as an EXP I generally get.

My understanding is that, as far as regionals go, Eagle has the best trained-, paid-, and experienced-staff, with low turnover. I suppose that's why AMR wants to be rid of them, but as a passenger, that's what I want. Besides fairness and human decency, the poor safety record of the regionals is generally traced to fatigue due to commuting with low pay and long hours, plus inadequate training.

Sent from my iPod Touch using milepoint

9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    At last look, Eagle was a profitable part of AMR. This is likely about fast expansion, and eagle already uses several subs to fly for them, so nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint