gaijin62 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good idea

uggboy likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given such confusing details as this in the report I'm a bit suspect.

The story also suggests that KL/AF already has the system in place. If so it sounds more like a StarNet implementation where the airlines all publish inventory to a common back-end platform but consumers still depend on the booking engine of their program to access that data and complete the transaction.

redtailshark likes this.
  4. r0m8470

r0m8470 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Among all the alliances, SkyTeam is the most mind-boggling to me. Or maybe it's just Delta, not SkyTeam ..... Just tried booking an award ticket just within Europe, and the quoted fees and tax cost more than an actual paid ticket on either AF or Austrian.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's mostly Delta, not SkyTeam.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be great if SkyTeam would provide the basic information that DL removed from EF.

7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    If they limit it to "sky team" flights it will be of very limited use for inter-europe flights, since AF/KL/AZ have spun those off to their Ryanair competitors, wholly owned non-skyteam LCC subsidaries- Transavia, Transavia France, Darwin (Etihad Regional)... at least HOP is a sky team "affiliate" for now, but who knows how long that will last.

8. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hah! Who cares about their booking tool? A new interface into the Wizard of Oz's crystal ball doesn't deliver any more value. It will look like this:

[​IMG]

SkyTeam totally sucks rocks as an alliance value proposition. Part of this has been driven by Jeff Robbo style enhancements and the low collegiality of DL SM management with their peers. The net result is, it's so bad that's it not even worth flying a monster cheap FD itin from EU to Asia because it involves ST carriers. Rather find an EK/QR deal if possible.

It's too bad because I grew up on the dongdong chimes of the AMS announcers and from infancy I knew the spiel of the Blue Demons "het is niet mogelik" etc. Later I became familiar with the lair of the Gaullists themselves and the front cabins of their 772s. I had no beef with those aspects. Back then, there was genuine alliance functionality - NW elites treated as FB elites on KL. It was good enough to be worth connecting PRG-AMS or MAD-CDG via JFK on FD itins in pursuit of ST goodies. Really. But now ST is the domain of Mordor.

9. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    And in reference to the DL mega-gouge above, which long ago destroyed any SM value for intra-EU redemption..... even back then, it was cheaper (fewer total $, about 140 or less) to connect AMS-JFK-CDG-PRG on a revenue itin than to use SM to redeem for AMS-PRG or AMS-CDG-PRG (25k SM plus $180-$200 in JeffBanditryTax)...back then, it was actually worth doing that, too.

Now, we can all save time, never mind OS, go straight for FR or EZ...that $140 buys FR paid J.

10. GoldenFlyer

GoldenFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do not think it is true please provide a source for that.
    Or all of them has to merge to one frequent flyer program.