SkyTeam elite plus - family lounge access

Discussion in 'SkyTeam' started by hpc, Jan 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. hpc

hpc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello fellow fliers,

As a SkyMiles gold member I know I have access to SkyTeam lounges, and I know and can invite a companion or spouse into the lounge with me as well. But how about my two kids? Can I bring them too?
    Any experience trying that?
    And if it possible, will it be free of charge or can I pay for it?

Thanks!

hpc

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    hpc likes this.
  3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are they under 18? If so yes at most loynges theyll allow it, though it isnt guaranteed. id say you would have trouble at NBO though if that is where you are flying through. This is assuming you are travelling internationally and all on the same reservation ... Unless of course in addition to "improving" the website they've also "enhanced" this feature in to oblivion by specifically preventing it.

hpc likes this.
  4. hpc

hpc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to wait and see if its possible.
    No vacation travel plans at the moment - just wondering :)

5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    How important is the lounge? A lounge doesn't make a vacation. It just makes it a little bit easier. There aren't any amazing ST lounges anyway and some of them it seems waiting in the gate area might be preferable.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think people are required to be on the same PNR for lounge guest privileges.

7. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually had trouble because of this with KQ. They required both of us to show our Delta status cards (I was PM my dad was GM) because we had separate tickets. May not be policy but they required it. Again experience at NBO. Never had trouble anywhere else, though I'm usually in J or on my own.

8. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as your "family" is you, a spouse and a few kids under 18, I cannot see having a problem with lounge access. Perhaps in Nairobi you'll face an issue, but at 99.9% of airport lounges around the world, you'll have no problem en famille.

Add your inlaws or your wife's sister and her family to the entourage, and you'll nearly certainly face challenges.