SkyTeam Aeroflot LAX-SVO-MAD $666 AI

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by Travelsavant, Jun 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just posted this on FT but sharing here too. Good availability in Nov & early Dec for 2 day MR or longer. 16,414 miles RT $.04; better w/elite bonus. 4hr LO in SVO outbound & 5hr on return. A330 LAX-SVO; A320 SVO-MAD.

jbcarioca and Gargoyle like this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    With the new DL rules, would it have to be booked on 006 DL ticket stock?

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's the booking class? Assuming you want to credit to DL the situation is not generally favorable. I see an N fare which is 25% miles and 50% MQMs. I see an E fare for a bit more which is I believe non mileage earning. There's a T fare for a $300 premium over the N fare that would earn full miles and 50% mqms. Aeroflot tends to look tempting as they offer cheap fares and everything needs to go through SVO so there's a lot of time in the air, but they do not tend to credit at a favorable rate. I've seen fares that approach MR territory even at 50% crediting, but you need a really cheap fare for that to work out.

jbcarioca and anileze like this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Second this. OTOH, SVO is an easy place to transit and SU is pretty good in the air. IME their ground service is poor, but they also have very good ontime performance so it rarely is a problem. The new DL accrual rules do not make this such an obvious benefit though. I often fly SU, mostly C, sometimes F, and like it pretty well. I know nothing about Y.