Skymiles shopping for Delta miles will make you crazy!

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Delta Points, Jun 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, is it 30 points or 25 points? Oh, Cartera Commerce, you make my head hurt on Mondays!
    PS sorry for getting that kazoo sound stuck in your head all day now :)

autolycus likes this.
  2. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've gotten some really weird results from SkyMiles shopping. Sometimes no miles post, sometimes more miles post than I think I should have earned. When no miles posted once, I emailed them. They corrected the problem manually and ended up doing the calculation weirdly, resulting in me getting more miles than I expected. Unless it's a decent amount of miles, I just consider it a bonus when they show up and don't care if they never do. It's a mess.

Delta Points likes this.
  3. frequentflyer

frequentflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I keep getting mileage deductions including a whopping 521 for a vendor from which I 've previously received credit. They tell me I must provide documentation within 5 days or they close the file. So far this year I've had over 750 credits reversed and they refuse to explain why. These folks do HHonors & AA so I've been using AMEX whenever possible.

4. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always get miles now that I use Chrome exclusively for mileage mall purchases. I have posted that DL tends to short me a single mile on most of my purchases though (e.g. a GroupOn purchase of a precise dollar amount that should yield 240 miles results in 239). :rolleyes:

5. usnim

usnim Active Member

Status Points:
    Anyone have an email address where you can contact them when mile do not post? I've had quite a few from 1800flowers not post among others. Thanks.

6. frequentflyer

frequentflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    SkyMiles Shopping uses auto response. Every email signed with the same name so we'll think there's a personal response and that claims will be looked at by that person. Denial of credit is a canned response every time: you lost the SktMiles because of this or maybe that or it could be this other or that other, and the vendor won't tell us the actual reason because it's confidential so too bad, it's not our fault but you're not getting the SkyMiles back. More and more I shop with American Express.

7. lbotez

lbotez Member

Status Points:
    You really need to keep track of your purchases. I had one go through and they only gave me 1/2 the points. I called, and they changed it. So keep a record of when you bought it. Probably best to use the specific airline's credit card too, then you can prove you bought something.