Skymiles for post-flight surveys

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by greggie88, Jun 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. greggie88

greggie88 Active Member

Status Points:
    I fly DL almost exclusively and have noticed that they send out post-flight surveys when they have issues. Any idea if we can get free Skymiles for completing these surveys?

2. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint. We have all gotten these surveys and you will not get any response from these surveys.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP. I can't recall ever being offered DL miles for a post-flight survey.

4. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I get them on almost every flight as it seems in the last few months everyone one of my flights have some kind of issue or delay. I have filled a few of them out, but I have never gotten any miles or heard from anyone concerning the content.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    To get compensation miles after a flight, either a DL staff member must offer them (for example, purser if BE seat is broken or AVOD doesn't work on a long flight) or you must submit a complaint, normally through delta.dumb.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

7. Last December I was stacked in BUF for 6 hours (almost nothing for December in BUF:) with multiple 30 minutes delays. WX was fine in BUF, but the plane couldn't come from DTW, as far as I remember.
    I even did'n want to ask DL for anything, because originally it was really bad weather.
    As usual I got a survey asking how the delay was managed by DL staff. I just was a little bit upset and wrote something like "GA in BOS didn't care about anything and anybody", which was almost true. Not to be very pessimistic, I also add about wonderful FA team on JFK-SAN leg, who were really good, friendly, and helpful.
    Surprisingly I've got 10K miles:) and not very formal reply with comments.
    Still don't know which of two "+" or "-" actually worked.

8. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I had 100 miles for every survey I filled out, I would have enough for a TATL biz reward ticket (depending on the day and hoe dl.dumb is pricing) :)

traveller99 likes this.