SkyMiles award? What happened to 25,000 miles?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jarredclore, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jarredclore

jarredclore New Member

Status Points:
    Delta is always talking about giving miles. I think I even sneezed once and a red coat gave me points *sarcasm*.

So why is it I can NEVER find the 25,000 award travel? I've tried last minute, two months in advance, between hubs (ATL - JFK), between competitor hubs (DEN - ORD), and a whole bunch of other combinations, but I can NEVER find a cheap ticket. I've toggled the "I Am Traveling" checkbox too.

I know Delta is big on giving out points, but why do I not remember them being so stingy? 40,000 miles is a steal if I can find it anymore. Is there a trick I should know?

Thanks!

USAF_Pride and Kalboz like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MilePoint, jarredclore! :)

Although I don't know if the following link will be able to get you 25K Delta award travel, but for sure it will show you how to book award on international flights in business on the Delta website.

hpc likes this.
  3. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!!
    You understand that DL is giving miles away like candy, so the side affect is the award mileage is creeping up. As a PM, make sure you are always logged in and always check the box that you are travelling.
    The 25k awards are available, but you must be flexible. I know that the award calendar is broken, but use it as a guide to see when the low awards are available. I am seeing plenty of low awards between ATL-JFK, if you do not want to travel on the weekend.

Give us some dates and where you want to travel and we can try to help you out.

4. Globalflyer
    Original Member

Globalflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget to check out first class awards. I've often seen better availability in first class than economy at the low level.

5. Traveller
    Original Member

Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just redeemed four (4) 25k awards MIA-LAX end of June/beginning of July on the exact days I wanted, of course I picked Thurs/Tues knowing there would be better availability on those days. I almost think it was a glitch in the website so I put them on hold. I haven't seen a 25k award in a few years!!

6. Stils

Stils Silver Member

Status Points:
    I found a 25K DTW-PBI award Thurs-Sat (9 day trip). Then i realized I was off by a week for my dates and the actual dates were over memorial day weekend. 32,500. Dang it!

7. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm batting 63% on upgrades this year as a GM (10 out of 16) and have pulled off 3 25K redemptions already. This just confirms my suspicion that I'm travelling to places no one else wants to go...

viguera, hpc, Stils and 2 others like this.
  8. hpc

hpc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip - I didn't know that trick :)

Kalboz and rwoman like this.
  9. JeremyCrabtree

JeremyCrabtree Active Member

Status Points:
    I didn't either. That's awesome. Will definitely use that.

Kalboz likes this.
  10. RIcoremo

RIcoremo Member

Status Points:
    I have not been able to see an award calendar or anything similar. Have been booking on Delta's website for several years. Have an upcoming trip from MCO to PDX and can't find anything under 40,000 miles. Any suggestions.

11. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Use the "My dates are flexible" feature to get the award calendar, which only searches Delta flights. For PDX, however, you might want to see what you can find on AS, which would route you MCO-SEA-PDX. For that go to alaskaair.com and look for their supersaver awards. Anything available as a supersaver award can be found on delta.com by using search by schedule, although you might have to do multi-city as well, saying you want to fly MCO-SEA and then SEA-PDX.

12. Traveller
    Original Member

Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    A quick search found 2 awards for 32.5K each, there might be 25k out there....

MCOPDX.PNG

13. RIcoremo

RIcoremo Member

Status Points:
    I apologize for not being more specific about my travel dates from MCO to PDX. They are June 7 with return on June 14 or 15. I don't find anything under 40,000. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

14. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can get you to 32,500 by coming home the 13th. DL offers no Low for most of May or June. The other experts might be able to help you with AS.

15. RIcoremo

RIcoremo Member

Status Points:
    Thanks USAF_Pride. We're visiting family and need stay the extra days. I can manage the 40,000; just would prefer not to. Perhaps something will turn up on AS.

16. N670DN
    Original Member

N670DN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have fun with that 42 minute connection in ATL...

Most awards seem to be 40k when I search.