Skymile booking for AFKL in J class

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by DHalltheway, Mar 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DHalltheway

DHalltheway Active Member

Status Points:
    In case any of you aren't following on FT.

Skymile systems is having issues booking award AFKL flights in J class and processing SWU even if there is 'O' class ability availability on EF. This is due to some IT glitch.

The present work around the system is to call into the Asian Call Centers in either Singapore or Hong Kong to either issue your award ticket or process your SWU.

The operational timing for the call centers in Asia are

MON-FRI
    8 am - 7 pm (+8 GMT)
    SAT
    8 am - 5 pm (+8 GMT)
    SUN
    CLosed

2. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am pleased to report that the SIN call center is able to recode DL-coded/AF-operated W flights into AF-coded flights to process SWUs. First agent realized something extra would need to be done based on the SWU T&C, so sent me to a reissue agent. That agent read me the T&C twice before understanding what I was saying about changing the flight numbers to AF. Once that clicked in her head, she had things done faster than agents in the US, including reissuing the ticket.

3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Incredible. A new low even for the mendacious SM program.

And there are still [a few] apologists who claim it's all a "glitch." As if it were an accidental, very temporary, involuntary, technical imbroglio.

If UA lost the "ability" [will] to let customers redeem LH or LX J, for example, can you even imagine the explosion? But that's what's happening here... what's truly astounding on the DL side is how many of their DM want to make excuses for this clearly intentional behavior.

The SM members are being squeezed rapidly into narrower and narrower redemption channels as DL are emboldened. It is phenomenal how fast the gap between real programs (AA and UA) and DL SM has opened up.

Can't you see, by now, there's only description.... yes, DL SM is without question

*best in class*

4. DHalltheway

DHalltheway Active Member

Status Points:
    This is not a defense of DL, it is just factual information.

The SM System in Asia for issuing "O" class on AFKL was down for 2 weeks at the same time the system went down in the US.

However, the Asian system came back up more than a week ago.

5. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps a marginal "recovery." But not for long.

This is important to me now because the SM balance has crept up to the point where TATL J redemption is notionally possible. After flying my next savagely fuel-dumped AF itin from MIA to LHR, I'm going to have some more...but not 750,000 which is what we're all going to need. Got to get those award seats locked up and zero out that balance ASAP.

6. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    and in case of you aren't following TOB, you can once again book SkyPesos awards in biz class with AirFrance. thankfully!

bmg42000 and autolycus like this.