Skymall Era Is Ending – Time For a Kindle Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 24, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Oh, the Skymall catalog! That thick package of reading material that was in every seat back on airplanes across America. It gave us so many different moments when reading it – “Who would ever buy this?!” “Why didn’t I think of this?” Why am I reading this?!” and many other thoughts. Seriously, who has looked in the Skymall catalog and not found something that looked incredibly interesting sandwiched between two of the most stupid things you have ever seen! Strangely enough, Skymall claims that their Garden Yetis (available in three sizes, including life size for over $2,000) was one of their best-sellers! Well, those catalogues are to be no more with the company behind Skymall filing for bankruptcy protection this week. No more looking for the most absurd gift ideas or curiosities as we waited for our cruising altitude so we could get our electronics out. Actually, since it became ok to use portable electronic items from gate to gate, I am sure the readership of the Skymall catalog went... The post Skymall Era Is Ending – Time For a Kindle Giveaway! appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...