Sky Priority security lane for Silver Elite

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Anna C, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Anna C

Anna C New Member

Status Points:
    On a recent flight out of DTW, I was kicked out of the Sky Priority security line for having only Silver status. Is it just me, or is this a new policy? I've always gotten through it in the past.

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anna,

Welcome to MP!

:)

SP is for Gold, Platinum, Diamonds and First/Business pax. Sky Team Elite Plus and AS MVP Gold are also eligible for the SP lane.

Basically, they've let you slide in the past and enforced it today.

Delta Sky Priority

3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    One in a while, you might get upgraded to FC and then you can use it....

Though, I find that when I'm traveling with just carry ons, it's just as fast to go through on the lower level.

DTWBOB

4. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    rwoman likes this.
  5. arewethereyet

arewethereyet New Member

Status Points:
    Even back in the Northwest days, the DTW priority security lane was restricted to Gold's and higher and FC passengers. Northwest instituted this in their hub cities due to the high concentration of Elites. This is definitely not new. Aside from using the lower level security checkpoint, the checkpoint in the Westin hotel is almost never busy. If the Sky Priority lane is backed by more than a dozen people or so, I often just head through the Westin which you can access at the south end of the check-in level.

rwoman likes this.