Sky Club reviews/recommendations

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by travelinmike33, Sep 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone else think it would be beneficial to have some information about the various Sky Club and other lounges that Delta flyers can access? I was going to ask specifically about ATL, but it might be a good idea to have a centralized thread about lounges.

rwoman likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it would be useful, providing that it gives more like lounge reviews, perhaps in the form of a master thread for each airport's SC and affiliated lounges all in a subforum. The uniform information on lounges by alliance (that was set up in the early days of MP) I don't find very useful at all.

rwoman likes this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think a single thread might get unwieldy with people asking questions and having to fish out old posts for updates -- such as renovations or if anything changes.

Perhaps a wiki-like setup with per-region/airport lounge information as well as pictures from members, etc? Something that would be easy to contribute to and easy to maintain, so that it's not just a single 655 page thread with old pictures... :)

travelinmike33 and rwoman like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tend to see the LHR SkyTeam Lounge and ATL SC's...think this is a great idea! :)

5. travelinmike33
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Definitely agree. I do like the wiki idea, and it looks like there is a lounge reviews section already: http://milepoint.com/forums/wiki/the-lounge-reviews/

Only a few there so far, but it has potential. If anyone wants to give some info about ATL SkyClubs before Saturday, that'd be great! :D

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is different from the lounge guide wiki, which just seems to be a cut and paste of information such as locations and hours into a chart with columns.

It might be a good idea to think about what information about lounges we think would be important. For me, the list of questions includes the following:
    Lavatories inside lounge? (Mention if only a single unisex bathroom.)
    Showers?
    Clothes changing rooms? (like at MSP C in lieu of showers)
    Free wifi?
    Computers available?
    Printer available?
    Alcohol available? Free? (question for contract lounges)
    Self-serve bar or bartender?
    Who can access the lounge: landside (if so, elite security after the lounge visit?) or airside? Available to all departing passengers or does airport security divide the terminal? Available to arriving passengers?
    Good coffee, such as an espresso machine?
    Special "don't miss" features, such as the beer machines at NRT?
    Insider clues, such as the far (former G exit) quiet area at MSP F/G?

viguera likes this.
  7. travelinmike33
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Type and quality of food offerings
    Abundance or scarcity of power outlets

viguera likes this.