Sky Club Access With VA Gold

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by thefitworldtraveler, Jun 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. thefitworldtraveler
    Original Member

thefitworldtraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    This probably doesn’t mean a lot to everyone as most people use their Amex PLT to get lounge access on AA, DL or US, but I was flying to SEA via DTW on DL and I had sometime in DTW. So, I hopped over to the Sky Club in terminal A.

Since I cancelled my Amex PLT card because(I didn’t want to pay the annual fee), I relied upon my V Australia Gold Status to gain access. I wasn’t sure if a DL domestic itinerary with Gold Status on VA would grant me access. On a previous trip, I did get access to the Sky Club with the VA Velocity Gold, but that was on an international itinerary. Delta’s website doesn’t specifically state either way, but just simply states a VA Gold pass holder is granted access.

So I gave it the good ole’ college try, and sure enough I was granted access for myself and a guest. Though it did take the agent a few minutes because they were unsure themselves - they have never seen or heard of the Velocity frequent flyer program and was relying on the Delta website for validation. I guess I got lucky? I’m gonna roll the dice again at this airport in a few weeks.

I just thought I throw out a data point incase anyone is the same boat as I am

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad it worked out. While perhaps not entirely clear, the preponderance of the rules squarely points in your favor.

• According to the Velocity Rewards site, you get access to Delta operated lounges if you have a DL boarding pass...no mention of international being a limitation.
    http://www.velocityrewards.com.au/content/Status/GoldStatus/GoldLoungeAccess/index.htm
    Delta Air Lines Delta Sky Club owned and operated lounges* You and a guest on presentation of membership card and boarding pass for same day travel on a Virgin Australia International Long Haul flight or Delta Air Lines View Locations

• Further, this Delta page suggests that as a Virgin Australia Club member, you'd get DL club access on a DL flight. I presume as a Virgin Gold, you're a club member with the,?
    http://www.delta.com/traveling_chec..._sky_club/sky_club_locations/index.jsp#guests

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    This was my understanding as well.