SK (SAS Airlines) questions

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Jun 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi there,
    I have a couple of questions about SK flights that I booked this week via united.com. One of the itineraries has an SK flight in the middle of a ticket that also includes UA and LH flights. The other ticket is solely SK flights. All flights are booked as SK and not as codeshares.

1. On the SK flight in the middle of the bigger itinerary it's shown as "Q" class and shows 100% EQM. However, one the SK flights that are on their own ticket they are booked in "W" class but the website says 25% EQM. I thought all classes on SK either earned 100% EQM or zero? According to the Earn Mileage page "W" should be getting 100% EQM at least since May 1, 2012. Has anyone had problems getting EQM for these flights? http://pss.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...D=09CBD97651574ACEBE1DED9BE4703B1A&ItemId=317

2. Although not shown on the page referenced above, do UA Elite members get base mileage bonuses for SK flights?

3. Anyone know when SK confirmation codes will be shown on UA.com? My LH PNR is listed on the big reservation but both reservations with SK flights don't show the SK PNR.

Thanks,
    RM

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    To answer...

1. I've earned 100% on the SK fares, the website stating what EQM will be earned is inaccurate as it does not state the right amount earned so reference the charts you linked.

2. There is no base mileage bonuses for your Elite status on SK.

3. Not sure because I booked an UA/SK ticket and it showed the SK PNR.

Have a good trip and be sure to hit up all the SK Lounges in CPH/OSL/ARN or wherever :).

3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The old UA website use to give the other airlines booking/reference number the new website does not at least for now, so you will have to call UA to get it.

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that the info on booking class earnings that you linked to is the correct info. I have noticed a bug on the UA website that shows the wrong class earnings for *A flights. In April, it had indicated the same thing for a flight I took to YUL on AC. I checked the earning for the booking class that I had purchased on the UA site to fly on AC and the AC page linked by the UA site showed 100% earning, whereas viewing the earning as a UA reservation indicated that I would earn only 25%. I trusted the AC table and I was right. I earned 100% elite bonus after the trip.

As for SK, it looks like since May 1, UA elites are also entitled to earn a minimum of 500 miles, even if a segment is short than this. I believe that info to be correct. You will 100% bonus for "W" and get a minimum of 500 miles for segments that are shorter than 500 miles, if any.

5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but United Elites do not earn any kind of Elite bonuses on SK flights. So you only earn the base miles at a minimum of 500 Miles and 100%.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:

You are right. I just misread the table. There will be 100% PQM earned on every fare class, but no elite bonus + 500 minimum.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  7. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone. I assume the 100% to be correct and that the programming on the back-end for SK flights in a reservation hasn't been updated yet.

UA is slowly adding other airlines' PNR codes to reservations shown on United.com. My LH code appears but SK apparently isn't available yet.

It's also interesting to note that when booking flights on UA that include SK flights you get a warning on the final itinerary page saying that United will need to confirm the flights with SK and it can take up to 24 hours. The big ticket I booked with one SK segment took 24 hours to confirm. The second ticket I booked that has just two SK segments was confirmed about 12 hours after booking.

LH flights, on the other hand, appear to clear instantly so there is tighter integration with LH I guess.

I'll report back if I earn something other than 100%.

Thanks,
    RM

8. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    You will get 100% in W if your travel is after May 1st 2012

Flyer1976 likes this.
  9. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Considering it's June 3rd I can assume it's safe to say so :p.

Albert and NYCUA1K like this.