Sixt Platinum Matches

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by jbcarioca, Jul 31, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sixt has an established program that gives instant matches to Sixt Platinum for high Elite members of United, Delta, US Airways, American, Hilton and Marriott programs. The Sixt Platinum status gives a one car class upgrade, a 15% discount and, in most merkets liability and collision insurance also.
    Those of us who've been using Sixt for some time mostly like their fairly inexpensive MB and BMW cars also.

For details the easy way is to Google sixt+ your chosen partner, which gives you the Sixt partner page.
    I chose Delta as mine and was processed for the Platinum upgrade in less than a day. Sixt then rewrote all my reservations to get the lower rates and even included one which was prepaid.

I rent from Sixt exclusively when I am in a location they serve. Their North American coverage is limited but is growing rapidly from a beginning in 2011.

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do they match other rental firms status?

Gaucho, marcwint55 and jbcarioca like this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    As far as I know, no they do not. All the programs they show are the ones mentioned above, hotels and airlines.

Gaucho, marcwint55 and sobore like this.
  4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    We recently rented with Sixt in Australia and had a good experience. I'd definitely give them more business where it makes sense, especially with National's emerald club benefits really being domestic-only for the most part.

marcwint55 and jbcarioca like this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

I too have enjoyed the reasonable Mercedes rentals at Sixt. I have one coming up in Palm Beach in a week.

Gaucho and jbcarioca like this.