Sixt Opens New Car Rental Location at Seattle Airport

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by sobore, Feb 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/sixt-rent-a-car/seattle-airport-location/prweb10419085.htm

Sixt expanded its U.S. car rental services into Seattle, Washington, on January 15, 2013, with the opening of its Sea-Tac Airport branch. Sixt is bringing its tech-friendly, efficient service to the Pacific Northwest market, making this the 11th American branch the company has opened in the last 18 months.

Acclaimed international car rental company Sixt is bringing its extensive experience in the car rental market to Seattle, Washington. The 100-year-old company will be kicking off its opening in Seattle with an exclusive first-time giveaway of their Platinum Sixt Card. Usually only available to repeat clients, Platinum Sixt Card status will be given to all new customers who pick up a rental car from Sixt in Seattle between February 14 and March 14, 2013.
    Platinum Sixt Card status offers many perks, including the following:
    • Discounts on car and truck rentals and limousine service
    • Free upgrade (some limitations apply)
    • Miles and points with Sixt airline and hotel partners
    • 24-hour Sixt assistance in case of an accident or breakdown
    • Low self-service rates (stored special rates on the card)
    Read More: http://www.prweb.com/releases/sixt-rent-a-car/seattle-airport-location/prweb10419085.htm

uggboy and jbcarioca like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's good news for "driver". ;)

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any word on the 'quality' of your rental experience with Sixt? They have the lowest rates in FLL.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Slow response but... I am a loyal Sixt user, now Platinum in their program due to status match from DL Diamond. I had no status when i started renting with them a couple of years ago. First, they have nicer cars, typically, than do their competitors. Generally I have had MB or BMW, but the odd European cross-border trip has had less 'prestigious' brands. In the US I rent from them in MIA every month or so. I consistently get an MB C-class for $40 or so, and as a platinum I always have had a one or two class upgrade. My last rental was returned yesterday. I paid $44 per day for a MB-C class and they gave me a BMW 5 series with 4108 miles. Including all taxes and fees that was $58 per day.

Every car I have had from Sixt was in very good condition, and I have never had any problems with them. My comparisons are Hertz Presidents Circle and National Executive, and both of those are easier to check out but more time consuming to check in. At Sixt you just walk away and a few minutes later you receive an email/sms with the condition/status report, followed by a final statement a couple of days later. Thus, Sixt has a definite family-owned German flavor, which is exactly what it is.

I rent with Sixt for the nice cars, and Hertz or National if there is no Sixt.

dhammer53 likes this.
  5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got their Platinum card many years ago as status match for being HH Diamond ( and got HH points on rentals) used them in Europe and South Africa a few times but found their coverage a bit thin in some of the places I visited so I have mostly used Europecar lately (and National domestically)

jbcarioca likes this.