Six months - Congrats Randy & Team

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Gargoyle, Aug 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Congratulations on the first six months of Milepoint!

It's off to a solid start, we're just waiting to see what you roll out for us in the next six months. :D

2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will the next six months have as much new growth as the first six months? Will we learn as much in the next six months as we have this six months? Will it still be as much fun after the next six months has gone by?

Those are the existential questions! The answers are all in the affirmative, of course!:D

More clever interactive features! yes!

Chimpy, sobore, travelingmore and 2 others like this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Without another iPad giveaway or viral thread (like the old Dov/Bey thread or an amazing mistake fare) I don't see massive membership growth; and that doesn't really matter too much. The more important issue is content growth and maturation of the forum structure (the renaming of local point to airports was a good example). A "MyMilepoint" type feature would help considerably, if it can be implemented in a way that doesn't subdivide us up too much. (we want people to keep wandering around the different forums, and not just stay stuck in two or three little neighborhoods).

jbcarioca, Chimpy, sobore and 3 others like this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I generally like the style although we still need lots more content. OTOH, content demands more numbers and I like our small friendly community. My biggest regret is the loss of a handful of very valuable contributors along the way who have stopped visiting MP despite being very active in the earliest days. I really miss some of those people but I guess it's inevitable that some come and some go.

I can't believe it's really been half a year already although it does seem plausible when I compare hot humid summer days (and avoiding leaving the air conditioning) to posting while snowbound during some cold February weekends.

Amazing progress in only six months. Now I'll be watching for my 15 anniversary points.

jbcarioca, FlyingFree, Chimpy and 3 others like this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got my 15 for six months!
    Congratulations to the entire MP community for building an outstanding place to discuss miles, points and travel.
    More great things to come in the next six months!!! :)

6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for remembering our birthdays!
    We really only count five months, as the Beta was a trial and error, but nonetheless always appreciate a pat on the back. The next 5/6 months will likely be far different. We'll have a first release of new technology for milepoint coming along and we're reviewed some of the items and all we've seen are magically the best ever. We're still wrangling w/ Apple on the release of our temporary app for milepoint (iPhone, Android and iPad) and am not real pleased with them right now but we'll continue to post forward. As you might have seen, the new dynamic glossary and airport lookup is an industry first for frequent flyer forums and we're very pleased with the takeup and the positive comments from our members. That of course followed the launch of the Award Store, again a first ever among frequent flyer forums and we've received overwhelming positive comments on that execution. We expect to make happy frequent flyers with our upcoming sponsorship of the StarMegaDo3 and the first ever oneworld MegaDo in January not to mention The Freddie Awards in April—all exclusive to members of milepoint. And the upcoming series of chats (Southwest, Delta, Hyatt are among others committed to when they can be conveniently scheduled) with program executives is another plus not seen anywhere else currently. As well the algorithm of certain status for members has finally begun to work its way into the system which we're pleased of—and again, no other frequent flyer forum offers automated benefits like our Award Store, Gold benefits and other pluses (our popular member referral cards as an example) as milepoint does. You'll see very soon initiatives which we refer to as .tv and RoomExpert and even a milepoint Accelerator Fund. .tv in conjunction with the StarMegaDo3 and RoomExpert very shortly.

As for content, we're keenly aware that we are nearing the point when with the next release of technology and a few other things in place that we'll really begin to ask our members to help us grow the right content for milepoint. Structure has been important and we're rather take the time to creature a well organized structure than to simply keep moving and confusing members. While it was kind that the change to "Airports" was noticed, you might have missed the expansion of Destination Travel forums such as Argentina, Brazil and Thailand (with more to come) and we're quite pleased to acknowledge the efforts of our members building content for milepoint. We'll continue to build infrastructure and the positive meshing of great technology for our members experience on milepoint and rely on the positive contributions of members to create content, community and care. And in closing I simply have to commend the most excellent efforts of our members in the first charity effort to launch on milepoint. The Kiva Lending Team in this short time has contributed more than $180,000 in donations to help others. That is staggering and a tribute to the kind of frequent flyers that are finding a home on milepoint.

We're pleased of our progress on behalf of our members and as well, we're very pleased in knowing that even better things are ahead. Thanks for your contributions and support of milepoint—we really are glad you are here.

goalie, catgirl, jbcarioca and 7 others like this.
  7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Eeek, I should have followed the basic frequent flier rule- when the game is in motion, DO NOT CALL.
    Now that you're aware, you might take away my six month bonus points. :(
    crying-smiley.jpg

jbcarioca, Chimpy and sobore like this.
  8. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you Randy and the team for all the time and effort that has gone into building this site. And thanks Randy for the update about a mobile app- it's good to know what the holdup's been (silly Apple) and I hope it all can be sorted out soon.

jbcarioca and goalie like this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Relax, you got your fifteen points regardless as well as GOLD.

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    stop crying you are gold already :rolleyes: :p

jbcarioca and MSPeconomist like this.
  11. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anything in the next 6 months.....

jbcarioca and Gargoyle like this.
  12. aussieflyer
    Original Member

aussieflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got my 15 anniversary points. :)
    Loving MP so far and looking forward to growing with it.

13. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update, Randy! This is a great community, and It is wonderful to have had the chance to be a part of it from the beginning. So much more to look forward to. Also looking forward to connecting with other MP'ers on the road in our nice new blue T-shirts! Onward and upward (literally!).

jbcarioca likes this.
  14. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    :DI clicked on the GOLD; and it said no definition found for this word.:eek::D:p!

lin821, Gargoyle and jbcarioca like this.
  15. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    The first six months (I do count Beta) have been far better than I ever imagined they could be. The Founders have been incredibly responsive to our pleas, sometimes so much so that the improvements were faster than we realized. The content is coming, and the new Forum changes really help set a good foundation.

Thanks for creating milepoint Randy! I hope you make a ton of money on it too!

16. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update on the mobile app. I got all excited with the full page ad in August Inside Flyer and rushed to check the App Store, but alas not there yet....

lin821 likes this.