Six food fantasies you must experience in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by sobore, Oct 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arc...ulture-in-hawaii/story-fn302659-1226489188721

WHO ate all the hula pies? It was me, I'll have you know, but all in the name of discovering Hawaii's culture in a culinary kind of way.

They say eating dissolves the separation between strangers - unfortunately, I'm still working on dissolving the extra 8kg of Hawaiian memento wrapped around my waistline.

My gastronomical journey rumbled through Maui, Oahu, Kauai and Lanai, four diverse islands in the land of Aloha, within a half-hour flight of each other, all with something different on the boil.

From cheap and scrumptious to the meticulously fancy, here's a taste of Hawaii - with six food experiences you cannot ignore, for better or worse.

Read More: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arc...ulture-in-hawaii/story-fn302659-1226489188721

canucklehead, marcwint55 and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh my... the hula pie looks delicious....

sobore likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are a multitude of much better foods in Hawaii that were not included in this article.

HiIslands likes this.
  4. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you think 'fantasy' is the correct word to use here? Perhaps the words "must have" or "must experience" are better choices.

ACMM likes this.
  5. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL Cheesecake Factory?! I can't respect an article that has a chain like that listed.

Anyway, the Hula Pie is indeed a delicious treat along Waikiki Beach.

HiIslands likes this.