Singapore - Universal Studios

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Jaimito Cartero, Mar 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be going to the Universal Studios in Singapore later this month. I've been to the US version, but will be bringing the GF to this one, and don't know what days are recommended to go on, and if there are any deals on purchasing tickets.

We'll have 5 days, and will be staying at the HI-Atrium.

Any tips or hints, greatly appreciated!

2. jpatokal
    Original Member

jpatokal Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's good. If anyone know of any other specials or discounts, PM me, or post here. Thanks.

4. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    The main rollercoaster ride was shut because a seat fell off. I think it's back on line now!

5. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Status Points:
    We went last week, on Friday. Not a huge park, compared to some of the US parks I've been to, but it was nice. Lots of opportunity to take pictures with the characters, which is unlike most US parks. They do only stay out for a limited time (10 minutes, for most, I think. Probably because of the heat.), so if they leave just before you get to take a picture, it's nothing personal.

Paid $S62 for an all day pass. Two day pass is $30 or so more. Annual pass available too. VIP tour/entry was almost $S300. An express pass for quicker entry to the rides was available for $20-$30. If I recall right, it was only good for one time on each ride, but I only glanced at the brochure.

Food was expensive, but that's to be expected at a theme park. Had a two piece chicken meal near the Far, Far, Away Castle for About $S9. Chicken, drink and mashed potato. It does get pretty hot and muggy there.They say you can't bring food/drink in, but they don't seem to check. We brought water in and some snacks.

Some of the signs tell you the wait times for the rides, but aren't accurate. They listed Battlestar Galactica Cylon rollercoaster as 5 minutes, but it took over 20 minutes.

Overall, it was a good day, but they close at 7pm, so you'd best get there at opening (10am), if you really want to see everything. They do have fireworks later in the evening, 9:30pm, I think.

Taxi cost from the Grand Hyatt was $S8. Going back after 7pm, we were hit with a $S3 surcharge, plus rush hour charge, etc. Cost $S19 going back.

Chad likes this.