Singapore - Changi Airport Baggage Services

Discussion in 'Asia' started by savydog, May 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. savydog
    Original Member

savydog Gold Member

A kind soul pointed this out to me recently. I thought it best to put the details on here.

If anybody has had experience with the service, good or bad and wants to share feel free to do so.
  2. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

I can vouch for the left luggage services at SIN (and in fact all the passenger services at this airport).

While the T1 facility is a little out of the way (below arrivals), they are super fast, efficient, and take pride in ensuring your bags stay safe and secure.

This is also one of the few airports where a forgotten bag or lost property has made it back to me. I was arriving in SIN for three days at the end of my 2010 asian trip, and accidently left a bag of souvineers as well as a zip-up fleecy in my luggage trolley.

I simply called back the next day, identified that my item had been found and asked when I would like to collect it and where from. Upon arrival at the designated location, I had to reasonably describe the contents of the bag (they'd inventoried everything in it - right down to Mt Fuji chopsticks), and present two forms of ID. Their processes completed quickly, you're on your way with your reclaimed property so fast it wasn't funny.

And on the other services, the customer service staff all over are ready and willing to help however they can - and they respond to feedback (which you can leave electronically using feedback terminals all over) normally the next day and work to improve whatever they reasonably can.

Sorry, I love SIN. I can't help but sing their praises.
    Mrs Chimpy, Chimpy and savydog like this.