Singapore Airlines says sorry for dodgy site

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by Chimpy, Jul 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The CEO of Singapore Airlines, Goh Choon Phong, has issued a signed letter to customers apologising for the company's troubled website overhaul last month.

The problems started when the airline overhauled its website in May, with customers taking to online forum Whirlpool to vent their frustrations.

Users reported timeouts, credit card rejections, seating system glitches and booking problems.

One Whirlpool user said that the new site was "horrible and messy", while another said that the bad experience had driven them to book with another airline, saving money in the process.

"This is driving me nuts. I've been trying to search flights all morning but it keeps timing out on me. Why couldn't they have just kept the damn old website?", said one user.

To try and quell the customer riot, Singapore Airlines' CEO Goh Choon Phong today issued an apology for the dodgy revamp.

"On behalf of Singapore Airlines, I would like to offer our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused as a result of issues that arose from the launch of our new website on 22 May 2011," Phong said today in an email.

The rest can be found here: http://www.cnet.com.au/singapore-airlines-says-sorry-for-dodgy-site-339318556.htm

I know that I have had more than a few problems lately and have had to phone the help center twice to change things that I should of been able to change online.
    But apart from that, SQ is my airline of choice. :)

Horse, sobore, JohnDeere19 and 7 others like this.
  2. savydog
    Original Member

savydog Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did find the old site much easier to get the information I needed. Lets hope they keep tweaking it :)

Horse, sobore, JohnDeere19 and 4 others like this.
  3. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tweak?!

I think they need a complete overhaul of their newly overhauled website. This new one stinks. Plus I did not receive any email apology, and I am currently on a RTW SQ trip, and have a Kris number too.

The worst thing is that you can not find anything anymore on the new SQ website.

FWIW, I changed a flight on my itinerary at the Changi airport on Tuesday. I had to go to three places before I discovered where the First class lounge was in T3. There they almost did not let me in to change my flight. After about 30 minutes of the agent on the phone and tapping on his computer, he was able to change my flight date, keeping intact the remainder of the itinerary, seat assignment (but is there any bad seat in F?) and my BTC choices. :)

Chimpy, Horse, JohnDeere19 and 4 others like this.
  4. VVanderlust

VVanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chimpy, Horse and savydog like this.
  5. kraken

kraken Silver Member

Status Points:
    New site sucks. Tried to find airport info / ticketing office but to no avail. Had to resort to Google.

Chimpy likes this.
  6. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wonder why the CEO hadn't resigned yet.. Hmm.. :rolleyes:

Chimpy and cennas like this.
  7. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't think he will lah....

Chimpy and General_Flyer like this.
  8. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    His position is an arbitrary one I suppose..

That is if I get the meaning of arbitrary correctly..

cennas and Chimpy like this.
  9. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not only the website, but the quality of their call centre is seemingly following the same path.

I hadn't called their Singapore call centre in ages and I thought it was still manned by the staff in Singapore. Instead when I called a few weeks ago, it was routed to their Indian call centre.

I wanted to put my BD number in my bookings as the website couldn't deal with the new BD's 11-digit format. What should have been a simple and quick phone call turned out to be a frustrating experience. The guy on the other line was borderline rude and was very incompetent. First he didn't know what airline BMI is, then insisting that it was not part of *A, and kept saying that my number was not valid and kept insisting that my KF number was inside the booking. In the end, I just hung up. :mad:

General_Flyer likes this.